The Student Room Group

Girls what is your impression of Men's standard of dress these day?

Poll

Girls what is your impression of Men's standard of dress these day?

Ok, so not talking about business suites or work wear but out and about in public, free times, relaxation/leisure, etc. Not necessarily meaning expecting all guys to wear formal shirts and stuff like that either, it can be, but also on casual wear. Late teens and twenties & thirties kind of age group.

Scroll to see replies

I like this style on guys
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Gavin2016
This could well be true, I would not ever get with a pig-monster though that I would find too unbearable to stomach. However, I would question whether your an alpha male seeing as you are on here and have just written an essay, far more than I often write. I'm thinking you are writing about other guys and what you see them doing to you - your the beta male, lol :smile: Probably far more beta than I am! In any case this question is not about that. I often here woman complain about the standard/way men dress, the state they are in, so was merely curious whether this is borne out in reality, that's all.

He's most likely trolling and has copy pasted it off of some place on the interwebz.. Why would you think otherwise?
Original post by saraxh
I like this style on guys idk

Well, I guess hipsterish looks are pretty en vogue nowadays
Girls apparently like white t shirt with black jeans
Reply 5
Original post by SuperHuman98
Girls apparently like white t shirt with black jeans

I've heard this, apparently Selena Gomez likes white T-shirts (strange fetish, lol). I know some women see white as clean and elegant, sharp perhaps. Some women apparently like blue on a guy for tops - this works for me as I think dark colours go with me more so say a dark blue top. White is ok, but I think white t-shirts can look cheapy, I guess the bog standard production that print is sometimes put on. That and when white material starts yellowing it looks an awful state I think and can creep up a bit like that before you realise I find making not a good impression.
I thought that society judging people on such things was phased out during the '50s.

At the end of the day, I'll wear something for two reasons:
- I like it.
- It's comfy.

Unless you're playing a game (socially or literally), there is no reason to wear anything other than the above two.
Reply 7
Original post by saraxh
I like this style on guys idk

YASS :love:
Original post by Drunk Punx
I thought that society judging people on such things was phased out during the '50s.

At the end of the day, I'll wear something for two reasons:
- I like it.
- It's comfy.

Unless you're playing a game (socially or literally), there is no reason to wear anything other than the above two.

And just as your very own bullet point 'i like it' some people might like different things.

Besides, judging is done unconsciously too, especially at first contact
Original post by Caius Filimon
And just as your very own bullet point 'i like it' some people might like different things.

Besides, judging is done unconsciously too, especially at first contact

Liking different things is irrelevant; just because I like something that someone else might not, that doesn't give the person who dislikes it the right to judge me on it.

My standard attire usually consists of a t-shirt and jeans (at pretty much every event bar funerals). Why? Because I like it, and it's comfy.

So if someone came up to me and started giving me **** for not wearing something that they would want to see me in, I'd tell them to piss off. In that vein it's rather similar to people who tell women to "cheer up" because they're not smiling.
I've heard this, apparently Selena Gomez likes white T-shirts (strange fetish, lol). I know some women see white as clean and elegant, sharp perhaps. Some women apparently like blue on a guy for tops - this works for me as I think dark colours go with me more so say a dark blue top. White is ok, but I think white t-shirts can look cheapy, I guess the bog standard production that print is sometimes put on. That and when white material starts yellowing it looks an awful state I think and can creep up a bit like that before you realise I find making not a good impression.

I mean like the casual white t shirt, not the like office one btw just in case. I wear them and I think it makes us look slimmer/ more muscular
'omg this generation of men dresses so badly like they were dressed by their moms. What did we do to deserve them?'

- girl wearing leggings, ugg boots and hoody
Reply 12
Original post by SuperHuman98
I mean like the casual white t shirt, not the like office one btw just in case. I wear them and I think it makes us look slimmer/ more muscular

IDK, if you have a bit of a pooch it is going to highlight it, its only slimming if your pretty thin already I think. Whereas a black or dark navy blue will hide it a bit I think as it will make it more difficult to see. Not talking real fat here though.
Reply 13
Original post by richpanda
'omg this generation of men dresses so badly like they were dressed by their moms. What did we do to deserve them?'

- girl wearing leggings, ugg boots and hoody

The worst is girls going out in 'Onesies' god awful, serious lack of any clue about fashion sense and visual self.
Reply 14
Not kawaii enough.

On a more serious side, i generally don't care as long as their underwear isn't showing.
Ok, so not talking about business suites or work wear but out and about in public, free times, relaxation/leisure, etc. Not necessarily meaning expecting all guys to wear formal shirts and stuff like that either, it can be, but also on casual wear. Late teens and twenties & thirties kind of age group.

It's probably just the area I live in OP but it seems that about 60% of the guys I see around look like this

Attachment not found

:love::love::love::love::love:
I think a lot of guys put a lot more effort into what they wear than say 10 years ago.

I don't particularly like the direction they've taken it though, I prefer the more classic looks that are relatively unchanging.

Fashion = Changing

Style = Eternal

SS
Original post by Drunk Punx
Liking different things is irrelevant; just because I like something that someone else might not, that doesn't give the person who dislikes it the right to judge me on it.

My standard attire usually consists of a t-shirt and jeans (at pretty much every event bar funerals). Why? Because I like it, and it's comfy.

So if someone came up to me and started giving me **** for not wearing something that they would want to see me in, I'd tell them to piss off. In that vein it's rather similar to people who tell women to "cheer up" because they're not smiling.

How is liking different things ever irrelevant? Everyone has a right to judge and saying otherwise makes very little sense. If you dress however you want then it means you don't care about how you might be judged by it.

Good for you; I wear a shirt/t shirt and jeans too, but I also understand that some people prefer other sorts of styles. I don't particularly care as I don't intend to play off of my fashion sense but rather myself as a person ...

As for your last paragraph, I'm pretty sure we weren't talking about people not liking someone's outfit and going up to them to chastise them about bad taste ..
Original post by PrincessBO$$

:love::love::love::love::love:

That's how the white t-shirts fit on me when I wear them to work. It makes me look muscular, even though I'm skinny.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending