The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Postgraduate application

Hi,

I was looking at the application process for the Middle Eastern History masters programme and St Andrews ask for a CV. Now, I have a CV but it's tailored towards part-time retail work. I've had a look at academic CVs but no undergraduate is at that level to have such a CV. What kind of CV do you reckon they want?
Reply 1
Original post by Ahmed_Masrur
Hi,

I was looking at the application process for the Middle Eastern History masters programme and St Andrews ask for a CV. Now, I have a CV but it's tailored towards part-time retail work. I've had a look at academic CVs but no undergraduate is at that level to have such a CV. What kind of CV do you reckon they want?

Hi,

It would certainly be ideal if you use a CV tailored toward the programme. Do you have any relevant jobs or internships you could highlight? Were you active in any relevant student societies during your undergrad?

In any case, the CV is just to check a box. You can explain why the programme is right for you in the (optional) letter of intent.

Best of luck if you do apply!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Original post by Ahmed_Masrur
Hi,

Have you tried looking at CVs for applying to PhD's? That's the sort of thing they'll be looking for. There's no difference between one aimed at a PhD or masters.

Here's an example one . It has good basic structure but I left out my high school grades and referees. Include relevant modules especially if you have high marks in them.

My PhD one just had the following in the education section, italics mean I filled in the info here:

Date University
Course Title (Grade)

Dissertation: Dissertation Title

Modules Included:
-Relevant Module 1 (grade)
-Relevant Module 2 (grade)
etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending