The Student Room Group

Failed test again

I failed my first test before I went to uni and then again before my second year (without a year of driving). So then I didn't bother as, as a student i couldn't really afford it. Now I graduated from uni in July 2015, so I thought I start learning again (in March 2016, after 2 years of not driving at all, as the public transport at home is non existent (nearest bus stop is a mile away). Had another test on Tuesday and failed . I feel an injustice this time though, as I got 3 minors for the same thing (that was all I failed for!. Apparently I was going too slowly around a housing estate (30 limit) I was doing 20-25 as I believe that is sensible as cars were parked up one side and kids could walk out between them! As this part of he test was lengthy i got 3 minors for it . NOTE: there were no cars behind me so wasn't holding traffic up. Passed the manoeuvre, examiner said observations were excellent.

Starting to depress me as its harming my job prospects too due the non existent public transport :frown: plus at 22 I feel embaressed, especially as all my sisters friends who are 17 can drive :frown:

I have booked another test though for September as my instructor feels the issues will be fixed especially as he thought i would have passed on Tuesday.

Plus, it would make life so much easier when I start my Masters degree in September, and one less thing to worry about so hopefully I'll pass next. Not sure what ill do if I don't.

Apologies for any errors, typing this on my phone.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 1
The driving test is pretty tough and failing a few times is common. You were incredibly close this time and as described it seems a very harsh decision. Keep the faith and it will be all the more sweet when you pass.
Original post by Zarek
The driving test is pretty tough and failing a few times is common. You were incredibly close this time and as described it seems a very harsh decision. Keep the faith and it will be all the more sweet when you pass.

I'm going to go. I'm not one for giving up on things. Just feel depressed about it. Plus it would be a waste to give up, as all that money spent on lessons and my own car etc would be down the toilet. I suppose another thing keeping me going is, not to let my little sister pass before me! Managed to get my next test in before hers and on a Saturday too so hopefully the roads will be quiet :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending