The Student Room Group

Does anyone prefer exam rather than coursework?

I actually prefer exam because course work are too long and I literally have to complete three course works Dt,Ict and geography.Some of the teachers are also so terrible they only help top students more in coursework and help them to get A*.:angry:
Reply 1
Original post by Fnt1klo
I actually prefer exam because course work are too long and I literally have to complete three course works Dt,Ict and geography.Some of the teachers are also so terrible they only help top students more in coursework and help them to get A*.:angry:

Yeah I do. Coursework is so annoying, especially for Art which if you don't meet your teacher's tick list you are screwed.
Me! :hello:
Reply 3
Ahh.Good to see some people think like I do.:biggrin:
Reply 4
Coursework typically contributes more to your final mark than exams, but I prefer exams anyway.
Reply 5
Original post by kkboyk
Yeah I do. Coursework is so annoying, especially for Art which if you don't meet your teacher's tick list you are screwed.

I seriously hate this type of subjects : Art ,food ,graphics , textiles etc...60% is coursework which means you can't even do bad on it.I regret taking food the coursework is too long and too much thinking. as in our school is compulsory you take one subject from Dt(graphics,food and textiles)Art,business studies and electronics.All subjects are so terrible.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Fnt1klo

I prefer exams because I tend to do much better under pressure.
Reply 7
Original post by roflwaffles2837
Coursework typically contributes more to your final mark than exams, but I prefer exams anyway.

Yes sometimes which means you can't even do bad on it.
I have to do coursework/controlled assessments for 7 of my 9 subjects...
Reply 9
Original post by sulaimanali
I have to do coursework/controlled assessments for 7 of my 9 subjects...

:redface:
Reply 10
I am a pressure junkie when it comes to doing decent work; I left writing up many of my assignments this year until like an hour before the deadline lol. So yes, I prefer exams. Some exams can even be fun, especially if they are either just a breeze/everything you expected, or a manageable/engaging challenge.
Yes I do; if I know how to answer them

Quick Reply