The Student Room Group

DSA say I didn't declare any new conditions, but I did?

I applied for DSA due to my Dyspraxia four years ago, before the start of my undergraduate course. Was given a laptop etc. Graduated from my course, took a year out of education.
I'm now applying again, as I start a PGCE (teaching university course) in September. On my form, I put dyspraxia, anxiety and depression. I provided the report on my dyspraxia, and a specifically written doctor's letter confirming my diagnosis of anxiety and depression, listing how they affect me, and what sort of support would be helpful to alleviate these effects.
I've been in contact with the DSA, as their letter never arrived, and I found out yesterday that the letter says I don't need a new assessment because I didn't have any new conditions. This is clearly wrong (and ignores that I said I do have a laptop, but it is not usable).
I've emailed the DSA asking if there were problems with my form/evidence, and am hoping for a reply today. But does anyone have any ideas about what is going on?
To clarify, depression and anxiety are ongoing - I've had them both for at least two years.
Original post by Ashleyclaire
I applied for DSA due to my Dyspraxia four years ago, before the start of my undergraduate course. Was given a laptop etc. Graduated from my course, took a year out of education.
I'm now applying again, as I start a PGCE (teaching university course) in September. On my form, I put dyspraxia, anxiety and depression. I provided the report on my dyspraxia, and a specifically written doctor's letter confirming my diagnosis of anxiety and depression, listing how they affect me, and what sort of support would be helpful to alleviate these effects.
I've been in contact with the DSA, as their letter never arrived, and I found out yesterday that the letter says I don't need a new assessment because I didn't have any new conditions. This is clearly wrong (and ignores that I said I do have a laptop, but it is not usable).
I've emailed the DSA asking if there were problems with my form/evidence, and am hoping for a reply today. But does anyone have any ideas about what is going on?
To clarify, depression and anxiety are ongoing - I've had them both for at least two years.

I'd call up and specifically tell them you should have a new needs assessment as you could now be eligible for a mental health mentor and your equipment is outdated (assuming you have software, dragon and mindview have new versions every couple of years i think) on top of the support you get due to your dyspraxia.

Quick Reply

Latest