The Student Room Group
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website

Anyone coming from foreign countries this September?

I was born in the UK but I have been living in Spain for the last 14 years so I do consider myself more Spanish; is anyone else coming from a different country to Cardiff? What are you going to study? My firm offer is Biological Sciences (Genetics) and I´ve met my conditions! So excited

Scroll to see replies

Hi molanma, I am James, come from Macau. I am going to study Pharmacy. It is nice to hear you come to Cardiff too.
Studying at Cardiff University
Cardiff University
Visit website
Reply 2
Heyy, I'm coming to Cardiff from Spain too. I'll be studying psychology!
Reply 3
Original post by Ines Gil
Heyy, I'm coming to Cardiff from Spain too. I'll be studying psychology!

Omg which part of spain??? Im from Mallorca
Reply 4
Hahaha I'm from Barcelona. So excited I'm not the only one!
Reply 5
Hahaha I'm from Barcelona. So excited I'm not the only one!

Oh wow thats quite close! I know thank god, i was really hoping there would be more people from Spain. How come you're going to Cardiff??
Reply 6
Original post by Jamesip323
Hi molanma, I am James, come from Macau. I am going to study Pharmacy. It is nice to hear you come to Cardiff too.

Oh wow thats so far away!! Im happy you're coming !
Reply 7
Here am I!I'm from Italy, but I guess I'm older than you, I'm starting my PhD in Chemistry next month!
Reply 8
Original post by Brizio
Here am I!I'm from Italy, but I guess I'm older than you, I'm starting my PhD in Chemistry next month!

Oh wow Italy thats so cool! I have always wanted to go there. And wow a PhD I hope I get to do mine i would really love that
Reply 9
It's not that hard to have the opportunity to do that, if you're going to study enough. Most people could at least try, after they graduated... the fact is that you usually don't want to use three years of your life like this... and unless you're a bit crazy (as I am), you're probably right
Reply 10
Original post by molanma
Oh wow thats quite close! I know thank god, i was really hoping there would be more people from Spain. How come you're going to Cardiff??

Umm actually Cardiff was my insurance choice but idk I wanted to study abroad and Cardiff looked good. How about you? And btw where are you staying?
Reply 11
Umm actually Cardiff was my insurance choice but idk I wanted to study abroad and Cardiff looked good. How about you? And btw where are you staying?

I was originally going bcause i wanted to do a course they didnt have in spain but i changed my mind at the last moment and decided to do genetics (which i could have done in Barcelona but i woulsnt have reached the nota de corte) so imgoing there, and my parents have their own house there so i'll be living there (its also next to my family). What about you? And when are you going?
Reply 12
Original post by Brizio
It's not that hard to have the opportunity to do that, if you're going to study enough. Most people could at least try, after they graduated... the fact is that you usually don't want to use three years of your life like this... and unless you're a bit crazy (as I am), you're probably right

Haha i'll try my best... Did you study ypur course in Cardiff as well or somewhere else?
Reply 13
Original post by molanma
Haha i'll try my best... Did you study ypur course in Cardiff as well or somewhere else?

No, this will be my first year there... I'm actually still in Rome, I'll be leaving home for the first time and right now I'm scared to death!:eek:
After graduating (in January) I started looking for a PhD abroad and Cardiff was the best opportunity I got, so I'm packing!
Reply 14
Original post by molanma
I was originally going bcause i wanted to do a course they didnt have in spain but i changed my mind at the last moment and decided to do genetics (which i could have done in Barcelona but i woulsnt have reached the nota de corte) so imgoing there, and my parents have their own house there so i'll be living there (its also next to my family). What about you? And when are you going?

Oh well you'll be with your family that's cool. I'll be staying at liberty cambrian point halls and I'm going on the 14th. When are you going?
Reply 15
Original post by Brizio
No, this will be my first year there... I'm actually still in Rome, I'll be leaving home for the first time and right now I'm scared to death!:eek:
After graduating (in January) I started looking for a PhD abroad and Cardiff was the best opportunity I got, so I'm packing!

Same here, im really scared but also really excited! Its going to be really different there, living without the sun every day will be hard lol
(Btw if you live in Rome that sounds amazung I am so jealous)
Reply 16
Oh well you'll be with your family that's cool. I'll be staying at liberty cambrian point halls and I'm going on the 14th. When are you going?

Yeah thats cool I guess, I'm going on the 15th. What conditions did you have to meet to be accepted? (By the way your English is really good)
Luxembourg :biggrin:

Anyone using the coach collection service from Heathrow?
Reply 18
I thought about using it, but every suitable Rome-Heathrow flight was still more expensive than going to Milan and then flight directly to Cardiff, so I'm arriving on the 18th, eventually.
Reply 19
Original post by molanma
Yeah thats cool I guess, I'm going on the 15th. What conditions did you have to meet to be accepted? (By the way your English is really good)

Hahah thanks! Well I went to a french school so I didn't have to pass the selectividad but the french baccalauréat and the conditions to be accepted were to have a 14 overall which is like an 8 out of 10 in the selectividad. Also, I needed to have a certificate of a B2 level in english. What about your conditions?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending