The Student Room Group

Article: Five things you can do this summer to get a head start for your A levels

The summer holidays are stretching ahead of you, and they can seem never-ending. But have you looked forward to the start of you A Levels? Check out our tips for spending your summer holidays wisely here.
(edited 7 years ago)
Definitely doing work. Going to get ahead with stuff but also relax.

My school set pre-enrolment (into the sixth form) tasks for A-Level subjects each student wishes to take..they're very long.
Enjoying time off. I don't have any resources to use and just can't be bothered( worked quite hard for GCSEs).
Reply 3
Original post by JohnGreek
Enjoying the summer before uni... I'm still not sure whether there's gonna be a reading list that we're going to be expected to cover before term begins

What course?
Both! I have work to do but it's mainly reading which is great as I really love reading, french is to watch two films and I have to make two five minute presentations one for french and one for history. I love my subjects so really enjoy the prereading! :smile:
I'm re-enrolling at a new college because I'm moving house, I'm choosing new courses too so will be doing A levels 1 year behind my mates.
I've been mostly going library this year and this summer is a weird one because it'll be hard to change routine and relax :/
My goal is that I am going to go through all of the introductory stuff first and then I am get started on reading the books

All my sons- I am already reading and i hope to complete in the next couple of weeks and I am going to purchase a digital version of the film in the next couple of days.
I have students over the summer who want to introductory courses in Sociology A level and Crime and Sociology at University. It takes some of the pressure off the first term when quite a few students tend to drop out.
if anyone has a-level english literature notes please can pm to me
Original post by TeddyBear86
if anyone has a-level english literature notes please can pm to me

And me (aqa)

Quick Reply

Latest