The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chief_98
so historians are we going to make a group? could help each other out massively :smile:

I'm up for it!
I have tonnes to do tomorrow

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone else here doing Protest, Agitation and Parliamentary reform for their 3rd paper in History?
Yep I have loads but I had an open day today and have a sports event a day tomorrow helppppp

(if anyone at school disturbs me in my frees on Monday heads will roll)
Complex numbers have sucked the life out of me... Literally :cry:

Original post by CoolCavy
hmmm well update on life since i can and since no-one is obliged to read it anyway :laugh:

finding things quite difficult atm and tbh idek why.
Well i do
but the reason may sound arrogant
so if it does i apologise.

Doing very well at one of my subjects in particular due to the tonne of work i did for it over the summer. In comparison my other 2 subjects dont seem as good even tho ik logically they are but ive set this impossibly high standard for them and it's only been 3 days and the teachers are already telling me to chill out but idk how to bc the ideas for the projects are always in my head.

Thankfully A2 history looks easier than AS as the examination style seems easier there is just more to remember bc linear.

also does anyone else feel like they have acquired another subject AKA personal statement/university studies :/
thankfully most of that is already done but why is everyone magically an expert on things they acc know nothing about :nothing:

'do this Cavy', 'Dont go there Cavy it isn't prestigious enough', 'You waste yourself Cavy cos u could do anything and u want to do a creative subject at uni'

can u all kindly back off :colonhash:

did i ask for ur opinion on my life.
unless u are sufficiently qualified to do so stop bloody commenting bc u are all gonna make me have a nervous breakdown due to my self doubt.

hope everyone is well fellow 13eeners

:five:

Wait, A Monstercat release :crazy:

Spoiler

Original post by Imperion
Complex numbers have sucked the life out of me... Literally :cry:

Wait, A Monstercat release :crazy:

Spoiler

yasss monstercat :gah: i just love this one especially and it was basically the song that got me through from about july to now :laugh:

Spoiler

Didn't do ANY work yesterday so now I have around 4 hours to do today... and I will be out for 2.5 hours in the afternoon.
I have a fair bit to do today, but it's okay. Remind me again, why did I choose to go to sixth form?? :redface:

Spoiler

Why does filling out the UCAS application be this stressful and nerve-racking? It actually took me like 5 minutes to write my name because I got worried that I've been spelling it wrong my whole life. And I'm pretty sure I accidentally picked the wrong form class as well. :cry2:... I need help.
I think everyone's a little stressed at the moment! (myself included)

My UCAS form is all ready to be sent off, except for my EPQ section, as the meeting is next Wednesday and I still haven't 100% decided what I'm doing for it. I was really wanting to do an EPQ, although now I'm having second thoughts as college reckons it takes up 120 hours over around seven months, which works out at around 4 hours a week. I'm not sure I'll have enough time to fit it in and I don't want to compromise my A level grades, especially since I'm applying to Russell Group institutions - argh, it's just a nightmare.

I'm thinking of just not doing the EPQ. It'd allow me to focus on my A level grades and it would mean that I could send my Oxford application off next week. What does anyone else think?
Reply 570
Original post by Fred Bosire
Hi. I am currently in year 13 and I am 2 weeks into school but I already feel the pressure from my parents and myself about the year. I feel like it will not be far away until i will sit for my A2 and after doing maths AS level as my unreformed subject only and got a B and for my reformed subjects physics I have a predicted grade B and chemistry I have a prediction of C I feel that my chances of getting into uni to do mechanical engineering are low and I am very stressed right now.
How did you deal with pressure when you were in year 13 doing your A2.

Hey :smile:

It is still very early days yet and you have plenty of time to improve. I remember the transition to year 13 was difficult. It gets better with time don't worry.

I felt the pressure around this point of year 13 too. The main thing is to believe you can succeed. If you constantly have doubts about achieving your dream then you're not going to end up doing it. Don't worry about predictions. They mean nothing.
Yes I know! 9 gems now..
Reply 572
Shoutout to my parents saying that it's "arrogant" to say my AS grades were down to hard work. And then they proceeded to shout at me for 5 minutes at how I had a lucky streak and it was mainly down to luck... :cry2:
Original post by jamestg
Shoutout to my parents saying that it's "arrogant" to say my AS grades were down to hard work. And then they proceeded to shout at me for 5 minutes at how I had a lucky streak and it was mainly down to luck... :cry2:

Shoutout to most parents for not being understanding or realistic when it comes to A-levels...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by CoolCavy
yasss monstercat :gah: i just love this one especially and it was basically the song that got me through from about july to now :laugh:

Spoiler

:woo: do you follow the regular releases? Have you heard Into The Limelight by Trivecta?

Spoiler

Original post by jamestg

Heavy man ;-;
Original post by CatusStarbright
I think everyone's a little stressed at the moment! (myself included)

My UCAS form is all ready to be sent off, except for my EPQ section, as the meeting is next Wednesday and I still haven't 100% decided what I'm doing for it. I was really wanting to do an EPQ, although now I'm having second thoughts as college reckons it takes up 120 hours over around seven months, which works out at around 4 hours a week. I'm not sure I'll have enough time to fit it in and I don't want to compromise my A level grades, especially since I'm applying to Russell Group institutions - argh, it's just a nightmare.

I'm thinking of just not doing the EPQ. It'd allow me to focus on my A level grades and it would mean that I could send my Oxford application off next week. What does anyone else think?

At the end of year 12, I was all set ready to do the EPQ but I realised there was no idea that grabbed my attention enough to donate that much time to it (terrible since it was meant to be about the subject I want to study at uni) and that it would mean I had to devote so much time to it. I think although it looks good, its better to focus on the subjects you're doing now - especially if they're reformed and you have to redo AS's.
Original post by kirstybecs
At the end of year 12, I was all set ready to do the EPQ but I realised there was no idea that grabbed my attention enough to donate that much time to it (terrible since it was meant to be about the subject I want to study at uni) and that it would mean I had to devote so much time to it. I think although it looks good, its better to focus on the subjects you're doing now - especially if they're reformed and you have to redo AS's.

Yeah, I have reached the same conclusion - that I should just not do it. My tutor and parents agree, so bye bye EPQ. On the plus side it means that I can get my UCAS application sent off sooner.
School's deadline for predictions was today.

ABB

The head of sixth form said I should be in the clear to apply for universities that ask for 3A's (depending on the course, which for me, is law). Looks like Kent is looking like a huge possibility now.
I cant find my 2017 applicants uni thread and someones made another wtf pal get out my territory someone help me
Original post by ImagineCats
I cant find my 2017 applicants uni thread and someones made another wtf pal get out my territory someone help me

I think maybe two threads have been merged? Not sure what's happened there.

Quick Reply