The Student Room Group

The Current Year 13 Thread 2016-2017

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dynamic_Vicz
1. Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet? I have visited Cambridge, Royal Holloway, Imperial, Queens Mary, Greenwhich for a variety of events. No but I might visit Surrey as it is close.

2. How are your personal statements getting along?Haven't started it yet however I have a lot of notes for each section. My personal statement is gonna bang!

3. What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)
I currently study Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Physics. I may pick up AS Computer Science in year 13 when I drop Physics. Maths at uni is the goal. Choices: Bath, Manchester, Surrey, Nottingham and Southampton!

I'm thinking of applying to Bath for maths too!
Original post by swagmister
I'm thinking of applying to Bath for maths too!
Oh really, Cool!! :smile: What about your other choices? Subjects you currently study?
Oh really, Cool!! :smile: What about your other choices? Subjects you currently study?

I'm not sure still need to some more research but maybe Leeds, possibly Southampton and then Warwick if my predicted grades are good. Maths, further maths, physics and economics but I'm dropping economics for A2
Reply 103
X

X

Bath Maths is likely going to be one of my choices too :biggrin:
Original post by jamestg
How on earth am I going to get to Durham for the open day :frown:

I'm thinking the same thing, I don't think I can get a lift and trains are crazy expensive :redface:
I'm not sure still need to some more research but maybe Leeds, possibly Southampton and then Warwick if my predicted grades are good. Maths, further maths, physics and economics but I'm dropping economics for A2
I was considering going Warwick at first but my GCSE grades aren't good enough :frown:. Yeah Southampton is definitely one of my choices. Economics tho :colondollar:
I was considering going Warwick at first but my GCSE grades aren't good enough :frown:. Yeah Southampton is definitely one of my choices. Economics tho :colondollar:

You never know you could give it a shot! What about economics haha?
You never know you could give it a shot! What about economics haha?

Economics is essay based right? You are more versatile than me academic wise !
Economics is essay based right? You are more versatile than me academic wise !

Yep the max mark for a question in edexcel is 20 I actually hate writing lol I didn't realised how essay based it was until I started it came out with A though but if I could go back I think I might have chosen Computing
Yep the max mark for a question in edexcel is 20 I actually hate writing lol I didn't realised how essay based it was until I started it came out with A though but if I could go back I think I might have chosen Computing
Haha that's ironic because I started off year 12 with Maths, Further Maths, Chemistry and Computing. On enrolment I was going to pick economics but the guy said there was little mathematics invoved ... Do you mind us continuing our convo via PM?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Zedna
Nottingham was my favourite open day - beautiful campus and it was so well organised, got to talk to loads of students and they all seemed to really enjoy it. What seems to put people off is that it isn't in the city centre, but I asked the students and they said the buses are quite good and that if you chip in for a taxi it's quite cheap.

Aw that's nice, and phew that's good! Good to know its a nice place :smile:
Original post by DibbyDabby
Got my UKCAT in two weeks so I'm focusing on that rather than my personal statement

Mine is in around two weeks too, and good plan!
Original post by lubna1998
I stayed in Nottingham for a summer school and I loved it! I don't know if it's just the area I stayed it (Derby Halls) but there were loads of nice fields and scenery and it all had a very close knit campus feel to it. The town centre isn't too far from the uni either. I might be a little biased though:tongue:

Aw that's good! Wish I had done a summer school or something, sounds so good. They UKCAT heavy or not?
Anyone interested in applying for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 7 years ago)
Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 115
I do English lit, psychology and history. I got AAC on results day, the c in English lit which was obviously upsetting as I want to do English lit at Warwick. Do you guys think it's worth applying or should I forget about it.
Reply 116
Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Anyone interested in applying for Economics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by ElGenioEstúpido
Where are you thinking of applying?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep

Bath, Durham, Exeter, Surrey and Nottingham.

Might look at Oxford and/or Warwick if I build up the courage.
Sent my bio teacher my 1st draft on the 19th and still no reply :frown: I asked her in our last bio lesson if its okay to send it and she said YEAH why the lie whywhywhywhy
Need to start making my plan to smash my A-levels, I have no idea where to start :redface:
1. Have people visited the uni's they would like to go to yet? I've been to Queens Mary, and went to a summer school at Southampton Solent and Newcastle.

2. How are your personal statements getting along?
Completed a draft so far, but need to develop some points.

3. What subjects are you currently studying and, what do you hope to study at uni (give the 5 uni's you want to go to)
I am currently studying Film studies, English lit and lang, Business and BTEC Fashion and clothing ( but I dropped it this year)
At uni I hope to do a joint degree in English and business. Newcastle and Coventry are the only ones that I'm considering so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest