The Student Room Group

Actuarial Grad Schemes 2017

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by JWz
Pretty much all of it haha. Some of the numerical questions didn't really make sense and the inclusion of the logic test at the end just topped it off. Somehow I passed it though.

Is anyone able to share some tips for Aon and Zurich video interviews?

How did you find the Aon numerical? Never struggled with them before but honestly found this one relatively difficult, had to guess some of them (even though they suggested not to!). How long did it take for them to get back to you after?

In other news, got an AC in november at least
Original post by DH.
How did you find the Aon numerical? Never struggled with them before but honestly found this one relatively difficult, had to guess some of them (even though they suggested not to!). How long did it take for them to get back to you after?

Aon was difficult, didnt like how they started the timer straight off the bat and it was a really annoying counter. Manage to pass it somehow, got video interview a few days later which i've got a week to complete.
Reply 62
Original post by DH.

Yeah the Aon one was rather tough, think I heard back a few days later regarding the Video Interview.

Where is the AC for?
Original post by JWz
Yeah the Aon one was rather tough, think I heard back a few days later regarding the Video Interview.

Where is the AC for?

How'd you find the Aon interview? Despise video interviews and so many firms seem to be utilizing it recently ffs.
Reply 64
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
How'd you find the Aon interview? Despise video interviews and so many firms seem to be utilizing it recently ffs.

The Aon one was pretty simple I thought, not too tough questions and you had a chance to re-try each question which helped me out in a few instances.

I still hate them though, would much rather have a phone or f2f first round. Got another one from WTW today to complete...
Reply 65
any news from lcp?
Original post by DH.
any news from lcp?

I haven't received any news yet exactly.
Reply 67
Has anywhere started AC's for Actuarial yet?
Final year undergraduate here, is it too late to apply for most summer internships? I've seen/heard of quite a few October deadlines.
A lot still available (deadlines in NOV).

I have an EY telephone interview and they said they'd get in contact in the next 10 days awhile ago... Anyone else in a similar situation or been contacted by EY and told when they have their interview - I'm tempted to call and ask...
Reply 70
Original post by Mrhappysmile1
A lot still available (deadlines in NOV).

I have an EY telephone interview and they said they'd get in contact in the next 10 days awhile ago... Anyone else in a similar situation or been contacted by EY and told when they have their interview - I'm tempted to call and ask...

Got the same reply.. they emailed me on 21st so I'll wait till the 10 days are over and then call them.
Anyone know which exams are taken for like life insurance platform?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JWz
Has anywhere started AC's for Actuarial yet?

Got invited to EY one, theyve actually been really efficient for me which doesn't really follow on from what everyone on this thread is saying lol.
Reply 73
Original post by Kim-Jong-Illest
Got invited to EY one, theyve actually been really efficient for me which doesn't really follow on from what everyone on this thread is saying lol.

Good luck! Yeah, I got issued the tests really late for some reason so looks like I'm right at the back of the queue for them, got the usual email today about their 'unprecedented amount of applications' haha.
Original post by JWz
Anyone completed the Zurich tests? The system is disgustingly awful to the point where I can't actually submit the test and some of the questions barely make sense.

I just completed the Zurich tests. I know what you mean about some of the questions barely making sense. In the numerical, one question it told me to calculate the percentage of x then the percentage of y then it followed on and said calculate something else and the answer had nothing to do with calculating the percentage of x and y, and a couple of the logical questions were strange.
Has anyone got news from Hymans Robertson? I did a phone interview on the 26th and was told that they were planning to let us know their decision by the end of last week.

Anyone with an AC invite from them?
Original post by WhatsAnActuary
Has anyone got news from Hymans Robertson? I did a phone interview on the 26th and was told that they were planning to let us know their decision by the end of last week.

Anyone with an AC invite from them?

Got rejected by them after a situational test.

So far I've had interviews with Grant Thornton, Aviva (not for actuarial strictly though). I just got an email from EY saying they want to interview me but not for actuarial line - technology instead? This happen to anyone else?
Still wondering about the EY interview, they have confirmed that I have it but they haven't told me when... I think I may call them tomorrow and find out.

Has anyone looked at any of the big reinsurers - like Munich RE for example? I am trying to understand how their application process works as on the website it provides info for last years recruitment process.

Paraphilos - did you get any information about when your EY interview was going to take place? And no, for me it's an interview for actuarial - just out of curiosity what was/is your degree in?
Original post by Mrhappysmile1
Still wondering about the EY interview, they have confirmed that I have it but they haven't told me when... I think I may call them tomorrow and find out.

Has anyone looked at any of the big reinsurers - like Munich RE for example? I am trying to understand how their application process works as on the website it provides info for last years recruitment process.

Paraphilos - did you get any information about when your EY interview was going to take place? And no, for me it's an interview for actuarial - just out of curiosity what was/is your degree in?

I had an EY phone interview but got rejected after that. Someone from EY should call you to schedule the time and date for the phone interview. If you have a missed call from a hidden number, it might have been them. This happened to me, but I emailed them immediately after, and they called me back to schedule an interview time and date.

Caontacting them would be a good idea.
Original post by WhatsAnActuary
I had an EY phone interview but got rejected after that. Someone from EY should call you to schedule the time and date for the phone interview. If you have a missed call from a hidden number, it might have been them. This happened to me, but I emailed them immediately after, and they called me back to schedule an interview time and date.

Caontacting them would be a good idea.

How long ago was that? Damn I hope I haven't left it too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending