Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Anyone who's studying abroad in USA: vaccine/immunization help

Announcements Posted on
Would YOU be put off a uni with a high crime rate? First 50 to have their say get a £5 Amazon voucher! 27-10-2016

Just a question for anyone from the UK studying/ going to study in the US, did anyone have to get a TDap vaccination before going? Apparently the TD booster we recieve in the UK isn't good enough and US colleges require an adult dose of TDap.

I went to see a nurse at the doctors and she said I shouldn't need it, but the immunization form from the college I'm going to (Towson University) says otherwise... I've tried emailing my vaccine records to the uni but their health center is closed over summer so that's no help.

Anyone in a similar situation? Any advice would be appreciated, cheers.

I think it might be an option to go over to the Towson school clinic and get the booster there if the UK clinic isn't really willing to provide the immunization.

As Jon said, your uni should be able to provide it. I got my TDAP in the middle east (home) last month since I needed it, but if I didn't get it, my uni said their healthcare facility provides all necessary immunizations.
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 23, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Would you rather be able to

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.