The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by NickLCFC
Not entirely accurate. Please refer to this thread:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Munich22July/comments/4u4f0g/video_of_people_offending_the_shooter_screaming/

Some German guy has posted a transcript of the whole conversation.

hmm, this is why I prefer to wait until they actually catch/kill the culprit and confirm their identity. Have they caught him yet?
What also bothers me is a lack of acceptance for heuristic-type reasoning. We do not know for certain who is behind this attack, but we're not politicians or members of the police so it's not our job to take an evidence based line of enquiry. If he's wearing jackboots and yells ''Seig Heil'', he's probably racist, if he's waving a black flag and cries ''Allahu Akbar'', it's probably Jihadi. You don't wait around for him to release his manifesto before passing judgement.
:s-smilie:
Again?
thanks mods

The Islamaphobia and hate speech towards Islam in these threads is pretty disgusting.

Islam is a religion of peace.
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
And this is one of the many events that could take place when you stupidly invite in a million people without background checks.

Can you cite some evidence to support your implication that attackers are one of the "million people invited without background checks"?
Original post by tanyapotter
Do people have an accurate figure of the casualties thus far? My heart hurts for this beautiful country so much

Süddeutsche and Abendzeitung report Federal Police spoke of seven dead.
Was it a terrorist incident? Or just a shooting?
Original post by Trapz99

Police are calling it a 'suspected terrorist' incident.
Original post by tanyapotter
Do people have an accurate figure of the casualties thus far? My heart hurts for this beautiful country so much

Süddeutsche and Abendzeitung report Federal Police speaks of seven dead now.
Original post by iEthan
Police are calling it a 'suspected terrorist' incident.

But said there is no indication of an Islamist background. No 'Allahu akbar', no ISIS flags etc. And if the video of the gunman on top of the multi-story carpark is legit, that guy had a Bavarian accent and was born in Germany.
Reply 211
Original post by BaconandSauce
Again?

Unfortunately, yes. This is starting to sound like the norm.

Since I am familiar with your posts, put away your pitchfork as Islam is not to blame. :redface:

Original post by Trapz99

It seems that the shooter had an anti-immigrant motive and it is being treated as a terrorist incident.
Original post by ivy.98
German news n24 confirm that it was terrorist incident

Not all terrorists are Muslim, it is possible for the incident to have been say a neo-nazi terrorism. Terrorism != Islam.
Attacker is unlikely to be Muslim, possible Nazi (do they still exist in Germany?)
Original post by Sir Fox
But said there is no indication of an Islamist background. No 'Allahu akbar', no ISIS flags etc. And if the video of the gunman on top of the multi-story carpark is legit, that guy had a Bavarian accent and was born in Germany.

I never once suggested that 'suspected terrorist' incident meant Islam. Let's not speculate. As I said before, there's absolutely no indication that this is affiliated with Islam.
Reply 215
Original post by Sir Fox

Terrorism isn't strictly terrorism by a Muslim.

Terrorism: the unofficial or unauthorized use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.

The shooter was reported to be anti-immigrant.
Original post by Lujubi

put away your pitchfork as Islam is not to blame. :redface:

I didn't realise you knew the shooter personally
Original post by Ladbants
... possible Nazi (do they still exist in Germany?)

Yes, they do. Neo-nazis, like in any other country. Probably the same prevalence as in most Western European countries, and less than in Eastern Europe.
Original post by iEthan
I never once suggested that 'suspected terrorist' incident meant Islam. Let's not speculate. As I said before, there's absolutely no indication that this is affiliated with Islam.

Yes, I was just adding to your post lest the usual suspects are having a go at muslims ago.
Original post by Sir Fox
Yes, I was just adding to your post lest the usual suspects are having a go at muslims ago.

Well, I shan't comment on that because it's not my place but sorry for jumping to my own defence there. :tongue: Thanks for clarifying tho!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending