The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by cipi
"Police said the gunman was a dual German-Iranian national who was born in Munich. His name has not been released. " - BBC

So much for the right-wing nationalist theory...

direct link to breivik investigated by police, he could've easily been inspired by him to attack
Reply 321
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
you realise like 7/9 of the Paris attackers were French/Belgian nationals? Same applies with the Brussels bombing, and so many other attacks. Taking in refugees ain't the problem buddy

Many terrorist attacks have been done by 'refugees' in Europe. We do not need these people here full stop. They have absolutely no use for our society and are simply a threat. Also, what about all of the sexual assaults being done by these refugees, or people being attacked for the way they dress such as at the French holiday resort.

It is absolutely insane that we are letting these people in. It will stop soon in the UK thanks to Brexit, but it needs to stop elsewhere too. Now.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saylo66
We do not need these people here full stop. They have absolutely no use for our society and are simply a threat.

Way to go Mr. Compassionate. People are having their homes bombed, their friends and relatives killed and when they make a perilous journey over here and knock at the door you're telling them to bugger off.

The pinnacle of humanity, ladies and gentlemen - behold!

It will stop soon in the UK thanks to Brexit, but it needs to stop elsewhere too. Now.

Yeah, please tell other countries how to handle their immigration affairs. I am sure they will politely ignore you.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Foo.mp3
I'm sorry, do you know me? If you want a sensible answer out of me you'd do well to speak to me with a modicum of respect, never mind demonstrate reasonable proportionality (suggest you redact this puerile comment). Cheers :top2:

I'll decline your suggestion; I'm sorry if the truth hurts :smile: Your post after the one being quoted perfectly demonstrates your hysterical, alarmist perspective. You've quoted a bunch of random statistics showing religious people hold conservative views - how shocking! What you failed to notice was the lack of majority support amongst Muslims for many of the more dangerous/worrying positions, and whether Islam as opposed to geopolitics is the prominent factor behind Muslims holding many of these positions.

Absolutely hysterical! We've been sustaining the Muslim population in Europe just fine; in fact, I'm surprised most of the Muslims in Europe haven't declared a war on the British government for its colossal failures in the Middle-East in terms of foreign policy.
Original post by NotAboutLies
You guys realise that the shooter is a white male Neo-Nazi?

Lets leave the Islam bashing to another day

Original post by NotAboutLies
False.

The shooter is as white as snow.

BUTNAHHHHH

Spoiler

In the end both sides were wrong.

It was neither a facist neo nazi nor an Islamic terrorist.
Now can we stop pointing fingers and trying to twist this to suit our respective agendas and discuss the actual problem here which is how he was able to acquire a weapon in the first place, the similarities between this and the columbine massacre and how mental health and bullying should be taken more seriously? :yep:
You know? Like grown adults?
Or is that too much for tsr and it's obsession with identity politics?
Original post by StrawbAri
In the end both sides were wrong.

It was neither a facist neo nazi nor an Islamic terrorist.
Now can we stop pointing fingers and trying to twist this to suit our respective agendas and discuss the actual problem here which is how he was able to acquire a weapon in the first place, the similarities between this and the columbine massacre and how mental health and bullying should be taken more seriously? :yep:
You know? Like grown adults?
Or is that too much for tsr and it's obsession with identity politics?

The entire world Is obsessed with identity politics at the moment. Mental health should be dealt with, but guns shouldn't be taken from the hands of law abiding citizens because some crazy people decide to abuse that power.
Original post by Lujubi
Source because reports say otherwise.

The Guardian reports that the police say there is no indication of Islamic Terrorism. Please read posts and the news before you start posting ignorant things. How insensitive.

all reports ive seen are conflicting at the moment. can you explain to me whats ignorant about saying the root of most current terrorism needs to be confronted - people calling stuff like this is insensitive are part of the problem, it forbids rational and considered discussion on how terrorism must be stopped.

post as many hashtags as you like, change your fb picture if it makes you feel any better, but it doesnt help those who have died and those who will die in the future because of the West's being too frightened to confront the ideological roots of terrorism
Reply 328
Original post by Sir Fox
Way to go Mr. Compassionate. People are having their homes bombed, their friends and relatives killed and when they make a perilous journey over here and knock at the door you're telling them to bugger off.

So our own people must die and we must be turned into a third world country so that we can save people from across the world? Why don't they seek refuge in countries nearby to them instead such as Turkey? They want to come here because we have the best standard of living, healthcare, benefits that we pay for them etc.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Saylo66
So our own people must die and we must be turned into a third world country so that we can save people from across the world? Why don't they seek refuge in countries nearby to them instead such as Turkey? They want to come here because we have the best standard of living, healthcare, benefits that we pay for them etc.

They do seek refuge in neighbouring countries. If you look at the statistics, of all the migrants entering Europe, not all that many end up here in Britain.
Reply 330
The perpetrator is a muslim. Case closed.

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.
Original post by slaven

The left can try to link this to Breivik as much as it wants but it does not change the fact that the guy is a child of immigrants.

And if a shooter was ever the child of two white people then they are automatically neo-Nazis/white supremacists.

In other words, f*ck off.
Original post by slaven

A bit facile, don't you think?
Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?
Original post by slaven

Could you tell me your source? I have found nothing that says he was a Muslim. In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.
Original post by CatusStarbright
Could you tell me your source? I have found nothing that says he was a Muslim. In fact, he was inspired by Breivik who is an Islamophobic.

Nah. He was inspired by many mass shooters, including Breivik.
Original post by oShahpo
A bit facile, don't you think?
Also, what's wrong with being a child of immigrants?

On average the children of immigrants think and act differently than that of native populations.
Original post by The_Opinion
On average the children of immigrants think and act differently than that of native populations.

Care to elaborate?
Reply 338
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
direct link to breivik investigated by police, he could've easily been inspired by him to attack

Yeah... Mohammed, the neo-nazi defender of the Germans... LOL
Original post by oShahpo
Care to elaborate?

It is completely obvious, what exactly do you want me to elaborate on?

People don't magically become the same just because they were born in the same place, people learn form their parents, and their parents have the culture / values of their homeland.

You would have to be borderline crazy to think that if in the future you were to move and live with an African tribe and had a child whilst living among them, that your child would be just the same, thinking and acting as one with their children.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending