The Student Room Group

Mass shooting in Munich

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TercioOfParma
"Its our fault even though the shooter did the shooting"

Fault is never from one distinct source, causality often consists of a vastly complex set of events.
Sky News is reporting multiple deaths, but no exact figures given.
Many people on twitter saying it's a white neo nazi
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by TelAviv
Reports are saying that according to police radio, up to 30 shots have been fired and 15 dead.

Europe needs to get smart!

Spoiler

The heck? German media are currently reporting that police have not yet said anything about deaths and the BBC talks about 1 death. But you already knew 15 are dead 30 minutes ago?!*
Seems as though details are very much speculation at this time.

It's shocking regardless of who did it, why they did it, and how many people are hurt. Particularly for me as I was in Munich, and staying in a hotel not far from Moosach, just a few weeks ago.
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
Fault is never from one distinct source, causality often consists of a vastly complex set of events.

So we cannot blame exclusively the man who pulled the trigger and the ideas he did it for?

I would like you to blame muslims and marxists for Anders Brevik.
Original post by Sir Fox
The heck? German media are currently reporting that police have not yet said anything about deaths and the BBC talks about 1 death. But you already knew 15 are dead 30 minutes ago?!*

There were a lot of sources saying this honestly.
So we cannot blame exclusively the man who pulled the trigger and the ideas he did it for?

I would like you to blame muslims and marxists for Anders Brevik.

Its funny because you're the one ranting about Islam making these people commit atrocities when they actively choose to pull the trigger.

Make up your mind.
Its funny because you're the one ranting about Islam making these people commit atrocities when they actively choose to pull the trigger.

Make up your mind.

"and the ideas he did it for"

Interestingly though, it is the 5 year anniversary of Breivik so it could be right wing terrorism.
Reply 30
Equally, when you stir up hatred towards these people who are coming in and make them feel hateful towards the west. Assuming that it is actually a migrant and not a domestic attacker.

Exactly, I don't know why people think scapegoating and blaming all migrants and refugees is going to solve anything, if anything it could just marginalise these minority groups further and make them more vulnerable to radicalisation.
"and the ideas he did it for"

Interestingly though, it is the 5 year anniversary of Breivik so it could be right wing terrorism.

They do it because they are hateful and want to harm as many others as possible.

Do you think these attackers go out hoping that the world will wake up to an Islamic caliphate as a result of the decisions they make? :rolleyes:
Unconfirmed reports of a second shooting at the karlsplatz in munich
(edited 7 years ago)
Although police say the shooting is over, no reports that the shooter has been caught/killed.

Must be smart!
They do it because they are hateful and want to harm as many others as possible.

Do you think these attackers go out hoping that the world will wake up to an Islamic caliphate as a result of the decisions they make? :rolleyes:

I have no doubt some think that. After all, it was IS that published an image of their caliphate in 2025 with all of the former Rashidun and Ummayyad lands coloured in their black.
According to Die ZEIT a spokesperson of the Bavarian interior ministry told the German Press Agency that there is one casualty and several injured.
If you're seeing reports of a white Neo-Nazi being the shooter, would it happen to be a guy called "Samuel Hyde"?
Original post by TelAviv
If you're seeing reports of a white Neo-Nazi being the shooter, would it happen to be a guy called "Samuel Hyde"?

4chan meme.
I have no doubt some think that. After all, it was IS that published an image of their caliphate in 2025 with all of the former Rashidun and Ummayyad lands coloured in their black.

shooting dead 5-30 civilians does not achieve this, if they want a caliphate, they would go into Syria and fight for ISIS, not kill 30 randoms
Unconfirmed reports of a second shooting at the karlsplatz in munich

Also Odeonsplatz and at some festival.
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest