The Student Room Group

Criticising

My friend is a guy and he constantly keeps bringing up my love life. This gets me down as I am not my love life and have a range of other passions in life. He always blames me for 'missed opportunities' and tells me I should sleep around. He says I don't take his advice but I don't see how blaming me for the actions of others and sleeping around will help my situation. It's his birthday party tonight and I do not want to go as I know full well he will bring up the issue, again. He is engaged so he isn't after me. What should I do?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
My friend is a guy and he constantly keeps bringing up my love life. This gets me down as I am not my love life and have a range of other passions in life. He always blames me for 'missed opportunities' and tells me I should sleep around. He says I don't take his advice but I don't see how blaming me for the actions of others and sleeping around will help my situation. It's his birthday party tonight and I do not want to go as I know full well he will bring up the issue, again. He is engaged so he isn't after me. What should I do?

I know it's hard but maybe you should drop him out of your friendship circle. If he is always going to be like this you don't need to deal with it.
Reply 2
Original post by Aph
I know it's hard but maybe you should drop him out of your friendship circle. If he is always going to be like this you don't need to deal with it.

Thank you for your advice. I went last night and he did it again. A mutual friend who was there said he does the same to him too. It confirmed last night that I need to get rid of him.*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending