Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Visa for Portsmouth Uni

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
TSR's new app is coming! Sign up here to try it first >> 17-10-2016
    • Thread Starter

    Hey guys, I'm waiting for my confirmation letter from the University of Portsmouth and sorting out my visa at the moment because I'm an international student. I have a problem about the address section in my visa because they will probably ask for a piece of paper to confirm where i will be living in the UK. The problem is I don't plan to live in the Uni Halls of residence, i thought I can put down my boyfriend parents address because they live near Portsmouth but I can't seem to get official paper for that. Next, me and my boyfriend tried to sign a flat so we can have the paper for Visa application but the landlords require me to have a Visa which allowed me to stay longer than the lease first. Now I might be considering short lets to put down for my Visa and then when i get there I can move out with my boyfriend. Have any of you guys got into the same situation or do you have any advice and solution for my problem. Thank you so much for reading and hope to hear back soon.

    Hi there. Hannah from the Housing team here. Best to email our lovely colleagues in the International Office regarding this query. Please email them via [email protected]
Write a reply…


Submit reply


Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

    6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

  4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Do you like sleeping in a cold room?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.