The Student Room Group

How's your summer been so far?

Had a couple of exams last week, so my summer has only just started.

I really want to go travelling somewhere in Europe, but I don't know where.

What are you plans?

Scroll to see replies

Thought I would get a job after finishing my last exam but still haven't even bothered to apply to jobs and keep telling myself I will do it tomorrow ::s-smilie:
crap atm but looking forward to do many things next week
my 1st driving lesson is on tuesday :woo:
Reply 3
Original post by fatima1998
crap atm but looking forward to do many things next week
my 1st driving lesson is on tuesday :woo:

Nice! Good luck with that!
Reply 4
Original post by Raizelcadres
Thought I would get a job after finishing my last exam but still haven't even bothered to apply to jobs and keep telling myself I will do it tomorrow ::s-smilie:

I was meant to be working in this resort in France.

After my first interview (in English) she told me she would be in contact again shortly for the French interview... but she hasn't :frown:
Reply 5
I got a weekend job at john lewis and went camping for 5 days with friends in north devon, surfing :smile: going to wales for a while soon to visit grandparents @ snowdonia , going to Newgale for surf for 6 days and going to cornwall for a few days too
I've just returned from a week in Europe so I'm pretty good right now. Spent 4 nights in Rome seeing the sights and attending a fantastic Bruce Springsteen gig at Circo Massimo and then moved onto Amsterdam to chill out for a couple nights before flying home. Also passed my driving theory test, had a block of lessons and got a 20% pay rise early on in the summer. :smile:

On the flip side I've had a bit of a rough summer at work, mainly because of my own frustrations with how life isn't moving as fast as I want it to. But I'm a lot more chilled out now after the vacation.
Reply 7
Only started on Wednsday, but been ok so far. All I got planned is work so far, a few parties, a bit of travelling in Europe a few more half marathons and planning my birthday.
Original post by Clee Torres
Had a couple of exams last week, so my summer has only just started.

I really want to go travelling somewhere in Europe, but I don't know where.

What are you plans?

Great so far.
Nice avatar
Awful crap summer :frown:

To many exams and challenges.
Most exams early morning exams
Brexit
Stress
Horrible week in Lanzarote and its rude airport security.
Too many famous people dying this year
Syrian Army being defeated by Daesh
Weather too humid and muggy

Can't wait till Autumn
I've already been to China and back. Now I'm bored as Hell, which is probably why you see me around a lot on these forums!
Original post by ODES_PDES
Great so far.
Nice avatar

Cheers.

I had to make another account, not because I'm banned, but I've been trying to change my username on the account and the mods aren't answering me :frown:

Hope this account doesn't get banned :frown:
Reply 12
Over in the adult world we've all been working, there should be halfterms etc for employment

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Original post by Ambitious1999
Awful crap summer :frown:

To many exams and challenges.
Most exams early morning exams
Brexit
Stress
Horrible week in Lanzarote and its rude airport security.
Too many famous people dying this year
Syrian Army being defeated by Daesh
Weather too humid and muggy

Can't wait till Autumn

Well aren't you the optimist 😉
Summer- wasn't it about three days long this year, with complaints about the heat and even more examples of bad so-called style. Four women in my office and two dressed appallingly badly, and two with style. Those with style are not English.
(edited 7 years ago)
Quite crap so far tbh. My papa was ill and taken off the transplant list but is thankfully back on it and we're waiting on my friend's results to see if she has lymphoma so there's been no fancy holidays or anything this year for me which is fine. I'm just hoping we get a good result and that'll be the perfect summer for me.

The weather has been more like winter but I prefer that :h:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lonely
Very horrible and depressing. No job yet.
I had a Tesco interview the a few days ago and I was rejected.
Going to contact the job agency on Monday.
(edited 7 years ago)
Been to see one of my best friends from Uni in Southampton, my daughter and I stayed for the weekend. Have some annual leave to use before my maternity leave begins September. Other than that I have been working and glued to the radio ever since the referendum results....
(edited 7 years ago)
Your screen pic concerns me.

No funny.

Quick Reply

Latest