The Student Room Group

Which laptop for university? (Macbook or MacBook Air)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Macs are a complete waste of money; I was curious about macs and as I work in tech, decided to invest.. Now running windows dual boot on the mac lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by T-Raw
Macs are a complete waste of money; I was curious about macs and as I work in tech, decided to invest.. Now running windows dual boot on the mac lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

In OP's situation, absolutely. I understand the software benefits but in the real world they're for the minority of users. It looks like OP wants to buy a mac because its apple smh...
Did you make a decision? I'm thinking about getting the 12 inch macbook but I can't decide.
I have the 13 inch MacBook Air and it's a fantastic piece of kit. I'd highly recommend it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Original post by may135
Hey! I'm looking to buy a new laptop for university, as my 13" mid-2012 MacBook Pro just isn't cutting it anymore! It's much too heavy and slow.

Right now I'm stuck between the new Macbook and the 13" MacBook Air.

I will only really be using it to browse the web, write essays and watch Netflix. I also don't need much storage space as I store everything online, and will only be using it around 6 hours a day.

I'm partial to the MacBook (I love the gold!), but am still hesitant.
I'd love to hear from people who have used one or both of the laptops!

I'f recommend the air tbh, it's the one i've got and its much lighter, and less of a burden on your back/shoulders when on your feet.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending