The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

just a quick question about Nottingham

How diverse is Nottingham? Of course it's predominantly white, but is there also a high percentage of black/asian people?

Thanks.
Reply 1
Original post by IRoranth
How diverse is Nottingham? Of course it's predominantly white, but is there also a high percentage of black/asian people?

Thanks.

I'd say that its pretty diverse, and you'll come across many interesting non British folks.

13.1% Asian/British Asian amd 16.9% Black/Black British (Stats from 2011 census).
(edited 7 years ago)
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
In my experience my halls had majority white and next Asian and last black, But the uni does have an afro-Caribbean society so don't worry
Nottingham is quite diverse - it's known as Britain's global university. There are people from all over the world and there are societies for most countries / cultures. They have a lot of dedicated international events to help international students settle in.

Universities in general are quite multicultural places, but I think Nottingham is especially so. This is both in terms of students and lecturers. You can expect to meet a lot of interesting people from all over the world.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending