The Student Room Group

Regressive left tries to twist Munich narrative to suit their agenda

Kinda disgraceful how the regressive left leaped on some scraps of misinformation to make it appear that the shooter was a far-right nationalist.

Europe is in the midst of a radical Islam motivated onslaught, and the regressive left are clearly desperate to deflect attention away from it because it doesn't suit their irrelevant agenda, which is pretty unpleasant when you think about it. They're trying to divert attention away from a problem among an immigrant demographic which is killing hundreds and causing huge amounts of terror, to a reactionary problem with European culture/society which currently poses very little danger. It's sort of like a parent ignoring their child's cancer and focusing their attention on the fact that they sometimes get very unpleasant and destructive because of the hysteria the cancer causes. It was fairly obvious that it was never a far right attack. The Breivik attack was targeted at a particular group he was ideologically opposed to. The Joe Cox killing was perpertrated by someone who was ideologically opposed to her. It is Islamic terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it was fairly obvious who the perp was from the start.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

I turned of meet the press on Sky News last night in disgust for the first time ever, trying to make out that there is no link between migration and Islamic terrorist attacks in Europe, what a joke.
It isn't unfathomable that in light of the recent Islamist attacks that a far right group would react. Information was sketchy last night and the descriptions about what he said and the fact that it took place on the 5th anniversary of the Anders Breivik attack all helped to skew the picture. Nobody knew 100% of the details last night so all people could do was guess based on the evidence available (which is what happens every time there is an attack). Guessing incorrectly doesn't cover up anything, as the fact is that the truth will come out the next day as details become more clear, so nobody can really be fooled.
Original post by The Epicurean
It isn't unfathomable that in light of the recent Islamist attacks that a far right group would react. Information was sketchy last night and the descriptions about what he said and the fact that it took place on the 5th anniversary of the Anders Breivik attack all helped to skew the picture. Nobody knew 100% of the details last night so all people could do was guess based on the evidence available (which is what happens every time there is an attack). Guessing incorrectly doesn't cover up anything, as the fact is that the truth will come out the next day as details become more clear, so nobody can really be fooled.

I doubt if any of the deniers of Islamic terrorism ever weigh anything up, they jump on the fact that not enough is known and the OP is right, use misinformation to push their lefty agendas. I got it right after Sir Fox made his claims based on his ability to speak German, trouble was he did not seem able to interpret what he could understand.
Reply 4
Original post by KingBradly
Kinda disgraceful how the regressive left leaped on some scraps of misinformation to make it appear that the shooter was a far-right nationalist.

Europe is in the midst of a radical Islam motivated onslaught, and the regressive left are clearly desperate to deflect attention away from it because it doesn't suit their irrelevant agenda, which is pretty unpleasant when you think about it. They're trying to divert attention away from a problem among an immigrant demographic which is killing hundreds and causing huge amounts of terror, to a reactionary problem with European culture/society which currently poses very little danger. It's sort of like a parent ignoring their child's cancer and focusing their attention on the fact that they sometimes get very unpleasant and destructive because of the hysteria the cancer causes. It was fairly obvious that it was never a far right attack. The Breivik attack was targeted at a particular group he was ideologically opposed to. The Joe Cox killing was perpertrated by someone who was ideologically opposed to her. It is Islamic terrorists who kill indiscriminately, so it was fairly obvious who the perp was from the start.

Completely agree. I can't believe how much some people are covering up the fact that the attacker was of Iransin descent and shouted Allahu Akbar. I'm pretty sure this was Islamic terrorism.
Original post by dozyrosie
I doubt if any of the deniers of Islamic terrorism ever weigh anything up, they jump on the fact that not enough is known and the OP is right, use misinformation to push their lefty agendas. I got it right after Sir Fox made his claims based on his ability to speak German, trouble was he did not seem able to interpret what he could understand.

To be fair, I think there are people on both sides of the spectrum who don't weigh up the facts. But yes, there is an issue with people who try to deny Islamic terrorism, often resorting to the "no true Muslim" card.
Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"BahΓ‘'Γ­s, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*
Reply 7
Also kinda disgusting how some of the first comments about the shooting on the forum were right-wingers jumping straight to the conclusion that he was a Muslim.

Not very nice when it goes both ways is it :dontknow:
Original post by The Epicurean

On the thread last night there were a lot of people assuming it were a Jihadi attack and those people were called bigots, accused of jumping to conclusions and generally attacked, by people who were, for no reason whatsoever, claiming it were a far-right, nationalist attack and the latter group turned out to be wrong. The Jihadi threat existed before the migrant crisis and the fact he was born in Germany and identified as German does not for one moment preclude this from being Jihadi. I still am unwilling to say this is definite Jihadi, but the leftists are so much worse than those on the right for politicising loss of life and jumping to conclusions.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by the bear
Just because the chap was from Persia does not mean he was Islamic....

"BahΓ‘'Γ­s, Mandeans, Yarsanis, Zoroastrians, Jews, and Christians" are all minority religions in that country.*

99.4% of Iranians are Muslim, there isn't a recent history of any of these other religions and terrorism (especially killing people), and you still want to shift blame from Islam. It is more likely that the bastard was a nutter than a Zoroastrian terrorist.

I like Foxxy. :pierre: People who thought ''I'm German, I was born here'' indicates he's a nationalist are fools, I mean can you think of many far-right nationalists who think place of birth defines ethnicity? Me neither. :facepalm2:
99.4% of Iranians are Muslim, there isn't a recent history of any of these other religions and terrorism (especially killing people), and you still want to shift blame from Islam. It is more likely that the bastard was a nutter than a Zoroastrian terrorist.

The majority of Muslims in Iran are Shia. I can't personally remember the last Shia terrorist attack in the West. According to wikipedia, only some 4 to 8% are Sunni. I suspect the individual is more likely to be Sunni, though I could be wrong.
Original post by Inexorably
Also kinda disgusting how some of the first comments about the shooting on the forum were right-wingers jumping straight to the conclusion that he was a Muslim.

Honestly - it's not offensive or racist to assume that the nth terror attack of the week came from the same organisation as the others. Especially as the early information did seem to indicate that he was.
Original post by 1010marina
Honestly - it's not offensive or racist to assume that the nth terror attack of the week came from the same organisation as the others. Especially as the early information did seem to indicate that he was.

For whatever reason people on the left think that heuristics are bad. If you see a man with a knife covered in some sort of suspicious red fluid, you have to run chemical analysis on the fluid and conduct a formal interview before you conclude that it's blood and he's a killer. :rofl:

This is somewhat tangential to this thread, but it reminds me of the Aurora shooting in 2012 where the Batman film was being premiered. Some nut dressed up in a mask and long coat and began shooting at people randomly, according to witnesses many assumed it were part of the event; a prank set up by the organisers.
(edited 7 years ago)
Media is reporting the German Interior Minister has said they believe the shooter was 'Inspired by Islamic State'.

If this is true, I see no reason to doubt witnesses' claims of him shouting religious slogans during the attack.

But most Iranians are Shia? Maybe his family fled Iran because they're Sunni.

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/munich-shopping-centre-shooting-549316500
*I've never heard of this ^ site before so idk how reliable.

Edit: and now police say no link to Islamic State?
(edited 7 years ago)
Also they said there were eye witness reports of 3 gunmen/accomplices now it's a loner attack. Hmm.
Reply 16
Original post by KingBradly

You tell them King!

Yeah, but they turned out to be right.
US intelligence officials, speaking to Reuters on condition of anonymity, said initial reports from their German counterparts indicated no apparent link between the shooter and Islamic State or other militant groups.

Source

But you know better, of course?

Exactly this. Sky News for example, disgustingly announced it as "another suspected homegrown radicalised attack" when they first trailed it, a clear indicator that we were supposed to assume it to have been Islamist.

Quick Reply