The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Nursing in leeds

Hi every one
I have accepted an offer from Leeds to study nursing in Sept 16. I am just wondering why I haven't received emails or letters or updates on what to expect or what to do. Things like DBS etc
Please , is anyone starting nursing this september and have they received letters or mails from the uni
Hey! I'm going to be studying Adult Nursing in Leeds this year :smile: So far I've had to send off evidence for the NHS bursary - they should have sent you an email about how to do this and what to send when you filled in the application form online.

I've also had to fill in the occupational health online assessment which asks you to give a history of you vaccinations etc. I'm not too sure about the DBS check. I think the uni just sorts that for you based on your contact details.

At each stage I've had emails and letters sent to me about what I've had to send off or fill in and when the deadlines are. If you've not had anything like that through it might be worth giving the school of healthcare a ring. But I've not had anything about enrolment or accommodation so I guess that stuff is still to come.

Hope that helps!
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Hi Sophie

Thanks for your reply.

I have also done the NHS bursary application and the occupational assessment (vaccinations).

Back in May I received a letter asking me to apply for the university accomodation and they stated the prefered choice for nursing or healthcare students, the deadline to apply was 1st of July 2016 to be guaranteed a place. I did not apply as I will be living at home, I am only a few miles from the university. So if you intend to live in one of the universities accomodation I suggest you ring them up as soon as possible.

Hope to meet you in September. Cant wait :smile:
Reply 3
Hi
No I don't mind at all.
The university should have sent you a letter and about the occ registration and in it should have your login details which should be something like your name and dob and some password to use , but when you log in you have to change the password to something you want.
If you cannot find it then you can call the university and ask for it.

Quick Reply

Latest