The Student Room Group

Transferring Universities before starting.....

Hi there,
So here is my dilemma. I applied and got accepted into Brunel University in London, but then i came to the realisation that i really want to study abroad in my second year in Canada however Brunel does not offer study abroad programmes. Kingston University offers it and i was thinking about calling them but i'm not sure whether it would be wise to switch universities before in start my course. Should i stay in Brunel for the first year before transferring to Kingston or should I try my luck and call them now?

Some advice would be much appreciated!!!
Original post by Tazmine20
Hi there,
So here is my dilemma. I applied and got accepted into Brunel University in London, but then i came to the realisation that i really want to study abroad in my second year in Canada however Brunel does not offer study abroad programmes. Kingston University offers it and i was thinking about calling them but i'm not sure whether it would be wise to switch universities before in start my course. Should i stay in Brunel for the first year before transferring to Kingston or should I try my luck and call them now?

Umm http://www.brunel.ac.uk/international/exchanges-and-study-abroad
Reply 2

My department (Psychology) does not offer the Erasmus exchange programme unfortunately. :frown:
My department (Psychology) does not offer the Erasmus exchange programme unfortunately. :frown:

Ah, your phrasing was loose.

Transfering might not be possible, so I would suggest switching now if that's really what you want to do. However, I think that you should consider the benefits of Brunel's course, particularly the work placements, and the fact that it is generally a better university.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot

Transfering might not be possible, so I would suggest switching now if that's really what you want to do. However, I think that you should consider the benefits of Brunel's course, particularly the work placements, and the fact that it is generally a better university.

Hi thank you so much for your advice! I have considered the benefits of studying at Brunel however since i do not plan to stay in the UK for long i need to find a university that offers study abroad programs. Even though Brunel is a better university i have to consider the course that i want to do and Kingston offers joint honour courses where i can do more than one subject if i want to.
Reply 5
Original post by ageshallnot

Hi thank you so much for your advice! I have considered the benefits of studying at Brunel however since i do not plan to stay in the UK for long i need to find a university that offers study abroad programs. Even though Brunel is a better university i have to consider the course that i want to do and Kingston offers joint honour courses where i can do more than one subject if i want to.
Hi there,

Hi :smile:
Here is the number for out applicant team 0844 855 2177 they will be able to help you out with any questions you have. I absolutely love Kingston uni and I know people who have studied abroad the year and have come back saying how amazing it was and how rewarding they found it. :smile:

Emily
Student ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending