The Student Room Group

Liberals oppress anyone who opposes their beliefs

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Little Popcorns
freedom of speech is not an absolute right if you behave abusively then sorry there'll be consequences. If someone was gathering round a lynch mob for people to be abusive to you would you want the rest of the people to gather in audience and when you ask for their support all they do is look at you in their hundreds/thousands/millions, shrug their shoulders and say freedom of speech mate.

If there was a gang of people making racist or offensive comments about me, no I'd not want the police or other people to take them away unless they were blocking my way or physically restraining me in some way.

If they were merely shouting racist stuff, I'd clearly feel bad but I wouldn't think they should be restrained or banned from talking in public.

I'm afraid banning speech even if it's racist and deeply offensive makes these guys look like heroes. Milo is now heralded as a martyr and as someone who sticks it to the "liberal" corporate, plutocratic America. If he was ignored, he would just be another bigoted ******* who wants quick money and fame.

So yes I think freedom of speech should be absolute although in this case, Twitter is a private company. It can do whatever it wants, it can ban people from saying hello if it wants to. I'm just saying it was not a wise move and they should reconsider.
Original post by Atlas Thugged
This is categorically false, no classical liberal would have voted in favour of the Iraq War for example.

Says who? and which neoliberals voted for it?
If he's a catholic I mean I've never heard of anything more hilarious in al my life. The guys an antichrist.

Yup, he is a catholic. :biggrin:
Original post by MildredMalone
Examples plz?

Plz...

Covert and implied in his followers is bad enough, most of whom accompanied him in his abuse he lead them to their lynching too by laying bait so that they could do the fishing in his best attempts to evade being banned http://www.ibtimes.com/who-milo-yiannopoulos-what-happened-leslie-jones-racist-tweets-twitter-ban-2393101

Thankfully he got banned too in recognition that abuse doesn't always come in the form of overt 'you dirty (racist/sexist etc expletive)'.

I'm sure Hitler wouldn't have bothered lifting a finger to operate any of the gas chambers why would he when he'd gathered an army to do that for him.

Also all this protect Milo poor Milo... He's a spoilt little boy still rebelling against his Mother (even admitted this himself). More to the point he's rich and while you pat away at the keyboard he couldn't care less about any of you but he'll use you to gain power at whatever cost to your intelligence, credibility and time. Because you and the rest of his defenders are expendable/disposable to him.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 24
Every time I heard a story of the far-left so called progressives censoring free speech or attacking (verbally or physically) anyone with a different opinion, it reminds me of two things: The Nazi party and George Orwell's 1984. First of all, the Nazis. Now the left has a tendency to disrupt public speaking events don't they, well that's exactly what Hitler did with his private army in Germany during elections. Secondly, Hitler had the Gestapo and the SS who would attack and imprison all opposition to Hitler, this reminds me of when liberals attempt to ban figures such as Donald Trump from social media. Finally, the left now brainwashes our generations youth through the media and education into thinking they are "progressive" and on the right side of history. Reminds me of the Hitler youth actually.Now, 1984 which has the thought police(self explanatory right?). You must think the thoughts of those controlling you and if those thoughts differ, well you're vaporised. Isn't this what political correctness is all about?
I think the extremes of both sides are equally oppressive, it's just funny how liberals are only liberal toward opinions they view as liberal

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by george_c00per
Yup, he is a catholic. :biggrin:

:rofl: hilarious
Yea, whenever someone disagrees with us we call them "Cucks", "Terrorist-Sympathisers", "Self-hating", "SJW" and so on..
Original post by Sisuphos
If there was a gang of people making racist or offensive comments about me, no I'd not want the police or other people to take them away unless they were blocking my way or physically restraining me in some way.

If they were merely shouting racist stuff, I'd clearly feel bad but I wouldn't think they should be restrained or banned from talking in public.

I'm afraid banning speech even if it's racist and deeply offensive makes these guys look like heroes. Milo is now heralded as a martyr and as someone who sticks it to the "liberal" corporate, plutocratic America. If he was ignored, he would just be another bigoted ******* who wants quick money and fame.

So yes I think freedom of speech should be absolute although in this case, Twitter is a private company. It can do whatever it wants, it can ban people from saying hello if it wants to. I'm just saying it was not a wise move and they should reconsider.
I'm sure you can say that with all the conviction of having been that person who might have struggled against racist abuse :rolleyes: yeah right! And you clearly aren't wasting your time practicing any empathy any time soon because it just isn't something that'll effect you therefore it's a free for all...
Plz...

Covert and implied in his followers is bad enough, most of whom accompanied him in his abuse he lead them to their lynching too by laying bait so that they could do the fishing in his best attempts to evade being banned http://www.ibtimes.com/who-milo-yiannopoulos-what-happened-leslie-jones-racist-tweets-twitter-ban-2393101.

Milo had nothing to do with the abuse Jones got. He didn't say anything to or about her until tthe abuse was well under way, and what he said wasn't racist or abusive.
I'm sure you can say that with all the conviction of having been that person who might have struggled against racist abuse :rolleyes: yeah right! And you clearly aren't wasting your time practicing any empathy any time soon because it just isn't something that'll effect you therefore it's a free for all...

You do not know me so you can not know what I have struggled against and whether abuse, racist or otherwise, has affected me or will affect me. I was merely answering your question, I did not want to make this personal. I expressed my social and political views and you're hostile to me only because you disagree. Sad.
Original post by oShahpo
Yea, whenever someone disagrees with us we call them "Cucks", "Terrorist-Sympathisers", "Self-hating", "SJW" and so on..

Nope, not true at all, we only call cucks cucks, not just anyone who disagrees with us.
Original post by Sisuphos
You do not know me so you can not know what I have struggled against and whether abuse, racist or otherwise, has affected me or will affect me. I was merely answering your question, I did not want to make this personal. I expressed my social and political views and you're hostile to me only because you disagree. Sad.
Oh well I'm sure you'll get over it as you have said freedom of speech and all :rolleyes:

Not poor you. As it would never be poor anyone else based on the fact you think everyone should just get on with it and take any abuse because you know sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Yeah what a load of ****
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 33
You mean Milo Yiannopoulos :lol: ... Free speech, free abuse, free racism :facepalm: thankfully he's band from Twitter at least

Banned for being right wing
Reply 34
Little Popcorns
why should anyone have to continually do that? They shouldn't. If you're so bothered about freedom of speech and you continue to desire the shutting down of opposing rights you're nothing but and hypocrit. Rights, for everyone except those that impinge on your ability to get vengeance on your embitterment at the world, except those that aren't 'convenient' for you and except those that don't bring any benefits to you personally?

Not having your feelings hurt isn't "a right".
Original post by Crassy
Not having your feelings hurt isn't "a right".

You mean in the same way getting punched in the face is 'aw did you get a boo boo'
Reply 36
Plz...

Covert and implied in his followers is bad enough, most of whom accompanied him in his abuse he lead them to their lynching too by laying bait so that they could do the fishing in his best attempts to evade being banned http://www.ibtimes.com/who-milo-yiannopoulos-what-happened-leslie-jones-racist-tweets-twitter-ban-2393101

Thankfully he got banned too in recognition that abuse doesn't always come in the form of overt 'you dirty (racist/sexist etc expletive)'.

I'm sure Hitler wouldn't have bothered lifting a finger to operate any of the gas chambers why would he when he'd gathered an army to do that for him.

Also all this protect Milo poor Milo... He's a spoilt little boy still rebelling against his Mother (even admitted this himself). More to the point he's rich and while you pat away at the keyboard he couldn't care less about any of you but he'll use you to gain power at whatever cost to your intelligence, credibility and time. Because you and the rest of his defenders are expendable/disposable to him.

so you support the racist Leslie Jones who openly told her followers to harass someone?

image.png
(edited 7 years ago)
Oh well I'm sure you'll get over it as you have said freedom of speech and all :rolleyes:

Not poor you. As it would never be poor anyone else based on the fact you think everyone just just get on with it and take any abuse because you know sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me? Yeah what a load of ****

:smile: I did not say you should be prevented from making assumptions about a person's character and judging people you know nothing about. I just said it's sad.

Did I say words won't hurt me? I said they most definitely will but that's no grounds for preventing someone from opening his mouth ever again.
Original post by joecphillips
so you support the racist Leslie Jones who openly told her followers to harass someone?

image.png

Did you neglect to include what the person said to her... How convenient
Reply 39
Did you neglect to include what the person said to her... How convenient

You were complaining about someone setting a hate mob on someone apply your standards for everyone.

She even went on tv and said he she sets her followers on people and got praised for it.

Do you have anything where milo had said anything like that?
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending