The Student Room Group

Munich gunman 'had obvious Breivik link'

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
It really is staggering that so many of you are in denial about what we are facing here. You're like a bunch of cloned Obamas.
Original post by Plagioclase
Who needs the police and security services with their advanced training, evidence and investigations when we've got armchair experts like yourself who know so much better?

You could look through my internet favourites and conclude I am involved in any number of exotic religious or political movements, it doesn't make it so. The language the media chooses can be completely true, but give drastically different perceptions of the situation.

He could be German man David S or he could be second generation Iranian immigrant Ali Sonboly. Personally I see no value in emphasising his Iranian or migrant roots since there is no trend of Iranian violence in the West nor does it explain the reasons as to why he committed this attack. At the same time making the claim that this attack was an act of far-right terror because he used a pic of Anders Breivik is clear reaching and whilst it might be factually accurate that he used such an image, it does not give an accurate impression of the overall reasons underlying the attack.

Based on what I have seen he seems most comparable to someone such as Adam Lanza, a young man who was bullied, suffered from mental health issues and who wasn't part of mainstream society and so made the decision to violently lash out to restore his own personal sense of power
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by nexttimeigetvpn
It doesn't suit my agenda to deny torture, these people killed some 90 people, suppressing torture doesn't make things any better for a liberal perspective, lmao

And did you read my posts? I don't believe the far-right is responsible, in an equal fashion to how I don't think Islam is responsible - both this and the average 'Islamist attacks' are carried out by broken individuals who concentrate their hatred by leaning towards radical Islam or in this case, by idolising Breivik. Its just a curtain behind which these murderers try to justify their actions.

there is no question far right doctrine influence breviks attacks and his support of hitlers book and ideas. its just you that tried to deny the influence of islamist ideology undertaken by muslims under its influence. there is some overlap between the two ideolgies which should again surprise you - ie a nazi symathiser and white supremacist in uk attempted to behead what he regarded was a 'muslim looking' asian man as ' revenge for killing of Lee Rigby- having been inspired by online IS videos. obviously this guy was a moron also, but he drew influnce in part form both the far right and islamists - i would suggest there is some overlap between the two doctrines in some cases - certainly both seems most attractive to the mental and moronic in society. so their influence in causal factors cant be ignored
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Reformed
there is no question far right doctrine influence breviks attacks and his support of hitlers book and ideas. its just you that tried to deny the influence of islamist ideology undertaken by muslims under its influence. there is some overlap between the two ideolgies which should again surprise you - ie a nazi symathiser and white supremacist in uk attempted to behead what he regarded was a 'muslim looking' asian man as ' revenge for killing of Lee Rigby- having been inspired by online IS videos. obviously this guy was a moron also, but he drew influnce in part form both the far right and islamists - i would suggest there is some overlap between the two doctrines in some cases - certainly both seems most attractive to the mental and moronic in society. so their influence in causal factors cant be ignored

Which is why I am denying both, they are hateful people who concentrate their hateful feelings onto people by leaning towards radical groups, whether its the far-right or terrorist groups.

Islam is as much as a motive as far-right nationalism, these people don't actually give a **** about either, but they do it purportedly in their name because they find comfort with their hateful feelings in these groups.
Obviously its sensitive information which the police haven't yet disclosed.

I doubt the German police force would announce this based solely on the coincidental 5-year-anniversary. :rolleyes:

Also he wasn't an immigrant.

German-Iranian national
Can't call him a nazi or fascist then.
Original post by IronicalMan
German-Iranian national

Do you know that the Nazis had strong alliance with some Muslims countries like Syria? You can be a Muslim fascist/nazi. Not to mention the guy could be an ex-Muslim with similar motivations to Breivik, bar the White-Supremacist motives.
German-Iranian national

No one's calling him a Nazi or a fascist, but I could easily argue it if I needed to.
Original post by Trapz99
What should we blame here?

The man himself, and his beliefs.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by oShahpo
He might not be a White-Supremacist, but have you thought of the possibility of him being an ex-Muslim? Some ex-Muslims have hatred for Islam that surpasses that of Breivik and even the BNP, which then means he shares something with Breivik, which might lead the Munich terrorist to be inspired by Breivik.

So an Ex-muslim would show his hate for muslims by ... killing other Non-muslims?
Which is why I am denying both, they are hateful people who concentrate their hateful feelings onto people by leaning towards radical groups, whether its the far-right or terrorist groups..

and where do they build their 'hateful feelings ' from? in the case of brevik it was reading mein kampf and various far right groups and websites. in the case of pretty much every terrorist that happened to be muslim- it was islamist indoctrination of hatred of non- islamic world ( kuffar) and propaganda of islamist groups focussing on islamic political agendas.

Islam is as much as a motive as far-right nationalism, these people don't actually give a **** about either, but they do it purportedly in their name because they find comfort with their hateful feelings in these groups.

So you are trying to claim now brevik was not a neo nazi terrorist as a means to defend islamists. lol the depths you would lower yourself to..
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by MildredMalone
So an Ex-muslim would show his hate for muslims by ... killing other Non-muslims?

Well that's what Breivik did.
Reply 51
Is it confirmed that he was of Iranian background?
Original post by oShahpo
Well that's what Breivik did.

He wasn't a former muslim, he was a paranoid schitz.
He wasn't a former muslim, he was a paranoid schitz.

What I mean is that the Munich guy might have been inspired by Breivik, and thought going on a murder spree, like Breivik did, would send a message or whatever. I am not saying that's the case, but it could be.
Original post by oShahpo
Do you know that the Nazis had strong alliance with some Muslims countries like Syria? You can be a Muslim fascist/nazi. Not to mention the guy could be an ex-Muslim with similar motivations to Breivik, bar the White-Supremacist motives.

But those people are nationalists, they don't approve of race mixing/immigration anyway.... so how can he be one. I know Hitler had alliances with Muslims but that's only because they both hated das juden
But those people are nationalists, they don't approve of race mixing/immigration anyway.... so how can he be one. I know Hitler had alliances with Muslims but that's only because they both hated das juden

Trust me, Islamo-fascists have a LOT in common with Nazis, bar White-Supremacism of course. Also, Islamo-fascists do NOT want to remain in Europe, they see their presence in Europe as a way of achieving a message, so even there they agree with Nazis.
Original post by Studentus-anonymous
Gotta agree with MildredMalone to an extent here, the guy didn't do it for some Jihadi cause, but trying to link him to the far right is reaching.

This needs to be a wake-up call for mental health issues.

It's time mental health started getting the same serious attention cancer and the likes gets.

ITT people who would be the first to jump on an Islamic terror attack to condemn Islam and blaming "ideology", deciding that far-right ideological attacks are fully attributable to mental health issues.

I have slugs in my garden with more self-awareness than some of the idiots in this thread.
Original post by oShahpo
What I mean is that the Munich guy might have been inspired by Breivik, and thought going on a murder spree, like Breivik did, would send a message or whatever. I am not saying that's the case, but it could be.

I doubt you're quoting me wrong, but I only see your quotes when I look at the thread anyway, I get notifications for everyone but you :/
Original post by JordanL_
ITT people who would be the first to jump on an Islamic terror attack to condemn Islam and blaming "ideology", deciding that far-right ideological attacks are fully attributable to mental health issues.

I have slugs in my garden with more self-awareness than some of the idiots in this thread.

pretty sure all the major far right attacks such as copeland, brevik or roof have alwasy been labelled as far -right or white supremacist attacks. the only apologists on this thread are those trying to shelter islamist ideology ( in general terms, not just on the munich case in isolation)
I doubt you're quoting me wrong, but I only see your quotes when I look at the thread anyway, I get notifications for everyone but you :/

There is something wrong with quotes, I am not getting any at all.

Quick Reply