The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How do we apply for the coop loan? Do we have to start the course first or would an acceptance letter be enough?

I'm thinking of Liverpool, uclan then Manchester. Does anyone know which placement areas are for each uni?
Original post by Alkar
How do we apply for the coop loan? Do we have to start the course first or would an acceptance letter be enough?

I'm thinking of Liverpool, uclan then Manchester. Does anyone know which placement areas are for each uni?

You can apply once you've been accepted into the course so an acceptance letter is fine :smile: you have to order application forms with the national career service.

I don't think it'd be any further than Blackpool. I know students who've done placements in formby, Wigan, Wirral and Blackpool but that was Uclan/Liverpool students :smile:
Original post by P.A
I have contacted the programme leader and the course will be self funded this year :frown: where to find £18,000 to fund the two years!? I am completely put off applying now and will probably apply to Bradford now...

Everyone else's thoughts?

well you ended up being a bulls,h,i,t,t,e,r didnt you.

funding is the same as last year with an nhs salary.
It isn't funded, you get a salary but the fees aren't funded and we're responsible for paying them ourselves.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by ajstudent
well you ended up being a bulls,h,i,t,t,e,r didnt you.

funding is the same as last year with an nhs salary.

image.jpeg

There you go.
Reply 45
Wow how rude. Well done @jones10 😀
Original post by Alkar
Wow how rude. Well done @jones10 😀

I know right, you're not kidding!!! As if you'd make that up.

Think he/she is probably having a bad day... 🤔
Yeah I too was really looking forward to applying to the NW programme but now that you have to pay your own fees I will stick with my first choice in January. No fee assistance completely defeats the point of the salary for someone like me who doesn't have a massive amount of savings.

I did the calculation and £15,000 per year after tax comes to circa £13k. After fees I would only get £4000 per year! Shocking. I'll honestly be surprised if they get more than a handful of students in this intake.
Original post by Ilir1989
Yeah I too was really looking forward to applying to the NW programme but now that you have to pay your own fees I will stick with my first choice in January. No fee assistance completely defeats the point of the salary for someone like me who doesn't have a massive amount of savings.

I did the calculation and £15,000 per year after tax comes to circa £13k. After fees I would only get £4000 per year! Shocking. I'll honestly be surprised if they get more than a handful of students in this intake.

I know it's going to be so hard, I can't believe there isn't more support- even if student loans were available it'd be something. I know CDLs are an option but yeah. I'm surprised as PAs aren't that established in the NW yet!
Reply 49
Has the application opened today?
Reply 50
Original post by Alkar
Has the application opened today?

Its supposed to have opened but i haven't seen the advertisement yet sadly.
Reply 51
What's going on...
Reply 52
Original post by Alkar
What's going on...

Hi everyone I'm waiting to apply too. Although i have absolutely no idea how I'm going to find 18000 to pay for it. Its so bad that they expect people to find that much money. I probably won't get the coop loan either due to credit rating.
Reply 53
This is on the website

Unfortunately, due to IT issues, it has not been possible to advertise the Student Physician Associate Programme vacancy for intake in February 2017 as previously planned. It is hoped that these issues will be resolved and that the advert will be live on NHS Jobs by 10.00am on Thursday 12th October 2016. Should it be necessary, the closing date will be extended until mid-day on 24th October 2016
Reply 54
Original post by Alkar
This is on the website

Unfortunately, due to IT issues, it has not been possible to advertise the Student Physician Associate Programme vacancy for intake in February 2017 as previously planned. It is hoped that these issues will be resolved and that the advert will be live on NHS Jobs by 10.00am on Thursday 12th October 2016. Should it be necessary, the closing date will be extended until mid-day on 24th October 2016

Is that on the nhs jobs website?
Reply 56

Thanks i didn't think to look there :colondollar:.
Original post by Alkar
This is on the website

Is everyone still waiting on this going live?
I keep refreshing the NHS Job website and nothing is appearing!
Reply 58
Original post by Caity-Morag
Is everyone still waiting on this going live?
I keep refreshing the NHS Job website and nothing is appearing!

Yes still waiting. They haven't given an update either.
Reply 59
Just checked and still nothing...

Latest

Trending

Trending