The Student Room Group

Pokemon yellow, red or blue?

Hi, I'm going to download Pokemon on the Eshop and was just wondering which one to get. I've played all Pokemon games and have no real preference!

Scroll to see replies

@34908seikj should know. :biggrin:
Go.
Red
Go mystic. While I'm Valour it was not my choice.

as long as you're not team instinct you're fine what you choose really: nobody chooses instinct
BLUE
Blue.
Reply 7
Red/Blue are pretty much the same. Yellow is in colour, Pikachu follows you around and is sort of based on the original anime (Jessie, James & Meowth are in it).
Emerald
Gen 1 really is pretty bad it's so broken and boring in comparison to the later games.
If I were you, it would be red. Some of my favorite pokemons can be catched on this edition only.*
Original post by TitanCream
Hi, I'm going to download Pokemon on the Eshop and was just wondering which one to get. I've played all Pokemon games and have no real preference!

Oh, once more: If you are intending to get all three starter pokemons of the first generation, the yellow edition is the best: by acquiring three different requirements/conditions in this game, you can get them all without starting the game new.*
Yellow will always be better than Red/Blue
Team Instinct :colone:
Yellow!I had Pokemon Green at one point, but not sure it was released in the UK?
I have never saw a Pokemon Green here, I feel like your green is our blue I don't think there is any differences between the two apart from the name, just a assumption though.
Original post by WWEaboo
Emerald
Gen 1 really is pretty bad it's so broken and boring in comparison to the later games.

Playing before the physical/special attack distinction is just unbearable for me.
Original post by FarmerTeddie
I have never saw a Pokemon Green here, I feel like your green is our blue I don't think there is any differences between the two apart from the name, just a assumption though.

I got it whilst I was abroad. Must've been a cheap knock-off though cause I'd lose my save every couple of days. :redface:
blue or yellow.
red is full of the *****y pokémon and yellow feels like the anime so yellow is quite good :P
Original post by frankielogue
blue or yellow.
red is full of the *****y pokémon and yellow feels like the anime so yellow is quite good :P

Depends on whether you like the anime series and the fact that pikachu accompanied you every single step without the chance to evolve this pokemon. First it was nice to play the series on yellow edition, but in retrospective I would prefer red today (but just because one of my favorite pokemon growlithe exists on this edition only).
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Kallisto
Depends on whether you like the anime series and the fact that pikachu accompanied you every single step without the chance to evolve this pokemon. First it was nice to play the series on yellow edition, but in retrospective I would prefer red today (but just because one of my favorite pokemon grolithe exists on this edition only).

true.

Quick Reply

Latest