The Student Room Group

Films you hate but others love

Scroll to see replies

Anything by Adam f****** Sandler!!!!
Original post by 999tigger
Its highly questionable whether half of those films fall into the category of films which people "love"..

:biggrin:

This happens all the time on here.
Original post by Wilfred Little
:biggrin:

This happens all the time on here.

Which means it then becomes films which you dont like.....
Original post by 999tigger
Which means it then becomes films which you dont like.....

no, I mean people don't really answer the question in the thread title, just end up posting things for the sake of it. It happens a lot in the music forum.
Cliffhanger
Original post by RedRum99
Anything by Adam f****** Sandler!!!!

Lol I have to agree! In all of his films he plays the same character (himself), and has a hot wife that would be way out of his league irl. One film of his however that I quite enjoyed was the film 'Spanglish', it was surprisingly very good considering he's in it.
The Dark Knight. Save for Heath Ledger's memorably macabre and morbidly captivating turn as the Joker; an execrable monument to hackneyed plot devices, incoherent narrative, overcooked setpieces and maundering, turgid, banal, self-important dialogue animated by performances so wooden that the Director's Cut credits not one, but several different lumberjacks. Truly abysmal.
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol I have to agree! In all of his films he plays the same character (himself), and has a hot wife that would be way out of his league irl. One film of his however that I quite enjoyed was the film 'Spanglish', it was surprisingly very good considering he's in it.

I just don't get why people like his films, there always just sort of the same and have the intellect of a boiled potato. I've never seen spanglish though, maybe it'll change my views. :biggrin:
The vow
The notebook
fifty shades of grey
Spirited Away. Watched it twice all the way through now, couldn't stand it either time yet people love it and on rotten tomatoes it's listed as the best film from 2001

Tried to watch the Godfather twice now too and couldn't get past half an hour either time, just didn't grab me at all.

Don't hate them but was never into the Lord of the Rings, just don't bother with them.

Having a mind blank on others, I shall be back :colonhash:
Original post by Profesh
The Dark Knight. Save for Heath Ledger's memorably macabre and morbidly captivating turn as the Joker; an execrable monument to hackneyed plot devices, incoherent narrative, overcooked setpieces and maundering, turgid, banal, self-important dialogue animated by performances so wooden that the Director's Cut credits not one, but several different lumberjacks. Truly abysmal.

Not cool, dude

Just kidding, but what specifically don't you like about it? Fair enough if you don't like superhero films or whatever but don't see how you can call it an abysmal movie
I have absolutely zero understanding of why anyone rated Lost in Translation.
Reply 33
Gravity, Wall-E, Paranormal Activity, Batman vs Superman, Elysium, Fast & Furious
(edited 7 years ago)
The Revenant.
Everything's good, the acting, the costumes, the scenery...
I just hate the dialogue it's so dry and the movie just drags on for so long.
It's boring, it's sad to me that that was the movie that Leo won his Oscar for...
Original post by Petrifiedcat
The Revenant.
Everything's good, the acting, the costumes, the scenery...
I just hate the dialogue it's so dry and the movie just drags on for so long.
It's boring, it's sad to me that that was the movie that Leo won his Oscar for...

Agreed. Cinematography may be the best I've ever seen in a movie, but the movie itself bored me
Also, Batman v Superman isn't loved. It got negative reviews and only diehard fans defend it. I'm a huge DC fan, but even I didn't like it at all.
Amélie
The Avengers
The hunger games
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes
Let the right one in
toy story 3
a huge disappointment in my eyes
honestly - the whole premise was okay but the characters were awful
the two "baddies" were an obviously secretly-evil bear, and a ken doll...
toy story 3 could have been so good but they ultimately sided with the ending scene(s) making the movie, as opposed to..well...the actual movie
The Bourne films 😴

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending