The Student Room Group

Edexcel politics grade boundaries???? (as 2016/unit 1+2)

What mark do you think will be an A, B and C in each unit???
Reply 1
-bump
57 for A, 51 for B, 46 for C.

Going off of previous boundaries.
Reply 3
Original post by Abstract_Prism
57 for A, 51 for B, 46 for C.

Going off of previous boundaries.

That would be reasonable, but don't you think it will be abit higher? it seems a little too low possibly, despite the exam (especially unit 1) being a little hard. Don't they raise it each year? Thanks for the reply btw
Original post by starburst12
That would be reasonable, but don't you think it will be abit higher? it seems a little too low possibly, despite the exam (especially unit 1) being a little hard. Don't they raise it each year? Thanks for the reply btw

I was initially going to say that I expect all boundaries for all subjects being lower because of the ripple effects of the A-level reforms.

However, then I realised that if anything, they will be higher than usual so that less people get high grades, curbing the claims that exams are too easy.

So maybe an A will be around 53/54. I'd be really surprised if it was any higher than 55.
Reply 5
I was initially going to say that I expect all boundaries for all subjects being lower because of the ripple effects of the A-level reforms.

However, then I realised that if anything, they will be higher than usual so that less people get high grades, curbing the claims that exams are too easy.

So maybe an A will be around 53/54. I'd be really surprised if it was any higher than 55.

That would be amazing, but seems to good to be true :/ I agree with what you said about grades being lower due to reforms, but Edexcel politics has not been reformed yet and still remains the old spec.
Reply 6

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you sit this exam this year? if so, how did you find it and which topics did you choose?
The grade boundaries for unit 1 and 2 government and politics is lower then last year but I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not :s-smilie:
That would be amazing, but seems to good to be true :/ I agree with what you said about grades being lower due to reforms, but Edexcel politics has not been reformed yet and still remains the old spec.

not yet, but they've announced their draft specification so it seems probable.

http://qualifications.pearson.com/content/dam/pdf/A%20Level/Politics/2017/Specification%20and%20sample%20assessments/Specification_GCE_A_level_L3_in_Politics_August_2016.pdf
so are they reforming for this year or next year September
Original post by Hope_at_last
so are they reforming for this year or next year September

Next september I think
Next september I think

oh okay

Quick Reply

Latest