The Student Room Group

Need some help

So i'm currently waiting for my GCSE results in August and i've applied to 2 sixth forms, both gave me conditional offers, (both school A and B).
I don't know if i made the grades however and school A is tougher than school B therefore i can fall back onto school B.
Beforehand I would like to begin my revision so that i have an outlook on what i will be studying for Alevels. Many people have suggested students do this before beginning sixth form.
The problem is that both schools follow different examining boards and i would like to purchase the books but it would be pricey to buy twice the amount of books i need.

Sorry if this is long, but idk what to doo
Original post by tara.elkaysi
So i'm currently waiting for my GCSE results in August and i've applied to 2 sixth forms, both gave me conditional offers, (both school A and B).
I don't know if i made the grades however and school A is tougher than school B therefore i can fall back onto school B.
Beforehand I would like to begin my revision so that i have an outlook on what i will be studying for Alevels. Many people have suggested students do this before beginning sixth form.
The problem is that both schools follow different examining boards and i would like to purchase the books but it would be pricey to buy twice the amount of books i need.

Chill, enjoy your Summer!If you want to do a bit of reading around your subject(s) prior to results day, that's what libraries are for - no need to shell out for textbooks yet.It doesn't have to be on the reading list to be relevant.

Don't study over the summer.
Reply 3

I wouldn't buy the textbooks yet. Once you know what exam boards you'll be on, then buy them. Just enjoy your summer while it lasts! If you really feel eager or curious about the courses you'll be studying, perhaps look up past papers of the subjects
Use online resources instead. Different exam boards have very similar content so it doesn't matter.

Or look at the specifications for both exam boards, find the things that they both have in common and study that. Leave the rest for when you start sixth form.
Original post by Ringstone
Chill, enjoy your Summer!If you want to do a bit of reading around your subject(s) prior to results day, that's what libraries are for - no need to shell out for textbooks yet.It doesn't have to be on the reading list to be relevant.

Thank uuu .. Guess you're right it's just moments when u freak out 🙄😂 ☺️
Original post by That Arab Guy
Don't study over the summer.

Okay 😂 Thank u ☺️
Original post by Jas056
I wouldn't buy the textbooks yet. Once you know what exam boards you'll be on, then buy them. Just enjoy your summer while it lasts! If you really feel eager or curious about the courses you'll be studying, perhaps look up past papers of the subjects

Yeah I'll do some rough research and I needed a holiday after my GCSE's ahh 😌😂 thank youu
Original post by Legendary Quest
Use online resources instead. Different exam boards have very similar content so it doesn't matter.

Or look at the specifications for both exam boards, find the things that they both have in common and study that. Leave the rest for when you start sixth form.

Yeah I also thought of doing that ... Thank youu ☺️

There's a TSR article on this here if you're interested :woo:
Original post by Fox Corner
There's a TSR article on this here if you're interested :woo:

Ooo thank you, that was very helpful!

Quick Reply

Latest