The Student Room Group

Is it wise to fully trust the German police?

EDIT: Well its looking more and more likely that the whole idea that he was a far-right extremist was complete rubbish, just like I suspected, with most sources now saying there were no political motivations, although we wait to see what his manifesto containes. It seems most likely he was bullied at school, and severely mentally ill, and was obsessed with mass shootings, and that was all the reason there was for the attack. It looks like the German police jumped on an angle on the attacks that was completely invalid, and was most likely just spin.

I'd love to see all those people who were so sure it was a far-right attack who attacked me for questioning this absurd idea respond now: @Bornblue, @tanyapotter, @Inexorably, @Plagioclase,

Given that we know they are capable of covering up co-ordinated mass sexual assaults in various cities, is it not wise to remain skeptical? Questioning the official narrative can be a sign of wanting to appease one's own narrative, but I think in this instance it's perfectly reasonable. We know they will go to great lengths to cover up huge, mass crimes in-order to keep their narrative intact. Are we really to believe that a boy named Ali Sonboly with Iranian heritage had "obvious links" with a white supremacist like Brevik? The only thing that seems remotely nationalist was the fact that he shouted "I am German", and that was only after being insulted for being a foreigner.

Various tabloids have reported a witness's testimony where the shooter shouted Allahu Ackbar:

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/1489631/witness-of-munich-attack-claims-gunman-yelled-allahu-akbar-as-he-shot-children-in-mcdonalds-at-citys-olympia-shopping-centre/

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3703705/Major-police-investigation-way-shots-fired-shopping-centre-Munich.html

http://heavy.com/news/2016/07/munich-germany-gunman-right-wing-foreigners-immigrants-terrorist-identity-shooting-mall-mcdonalds-video-watch-uncensored-photos-i-am-german-racial-slur-name-refugees-migrants-islam-muslim/

The Telegraph also reported it closer to the time but now those reports seem to have gone.

Can we trust these papers, or this single witness? I certainly wouldn't like to wholeheartedly, but then I wouldn't wholeheartedly trust the German authorities just the same.

Who knows what's going on, but I certainly don't trust the official narrative.
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

It's not inconceivable that a Muslim running away from the violence shouted Allahu Akbar.
It is certainly unwise to trust the German police after the Rapefugee cover up.

Which isn't to say that there was an Islamist link. We just don't know.

What we CAN say with certainty, is that yet another Muslim (whose parents were granted asylum) has grown up in the west, found it impossible to integrate for cultural and/or psychological reasons, and committed mass murder.

For all the spin, here, those are incontrovertible facts.
Given that, of all the dual-nationalities to have, he also happened to be Iranian (a Muslim country), I do have my doubts as to whether he really was just a German nationalist. Having said that, Iran is majority Shia and it appears that most of these attacks have been coordinated by Sunnis, although that obviously doesn't exclude the possibility. To be honest, I don't think we really can do any more than speculate because there's no real way to know whether or not he was a nationalist, Islamist, or just a complete nutter. After Cologne though I do find it somewhat difficult to trust the German police.
The sheer paranoia of far right nutjobs like the op 😂😂😂😢
Reply 5
L m a o

You lot just don't let it go do you? You will literally find a way to make so many excuses just to support your own false beliefs.
this is... just embarrassing. you'll trust american police when they're out there killing unarmed black men.. but german police doing their job are suddenly untrustworthy because what they've delivered doesn't fit your agenda?
(edited 7 years ago)
Tbh I don't know if he shouted Allahu Ackbar or not but eyewitnesses are known to be very poor at remembering things accurately and this includes remembering things they didn't see or hear in the first place.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TQETLZZmcM
The accounts of him shouting Allahu Ackbar come from eyewitnesses and as the number of eyewitnesses talking to the press and the amount of phone video has increased over time the press has stopped reporting the shouting of Allahu Ackbar...

I think it's likely that the story is changing because the reporting is becoming more accurate over time rather than less accurate... which would be the same order as the new years mass sex crimes.

remember there were early eyewitness accounts of the shooter shouting insults about foreigners.... now we have phone camera footage from a guy who was on a balcony filming himself shouting anti-foreigner insults at the shooter.
Reply 8
Original post by tanyapotter
this is... just embarrassing. you'll trust american police when they're out there killing unarmed black men.. but german police doing their job are suddenly untrustworthy because what they've delivered doesn't fit your agenda?

I'm a vocal critic of American police. Weird ad-hominem pigeonholing from you... Again.
Original post by generallee

What we CAN say with certainty, is that yet another Muslim (whose parents were granted asylum) has grown up in the west, found it impossible to integrate for cultural and/or psychological reasons, and committed mass murder.

There's no evidence he's a Muslim. In fact he deliberately targeted Muslim Turks and Arabs in his shooting.
I'm still confused to why the German police are not commenting on the murder weapon

We know it was sourced illegally as the shooter was only 18, but how would a 18 year old shut in buy a semi-automatic weapon+ammunition without some kind of heavy Islamist/Criminal background.

the official media narrative just doesn't add up

Original post by Ravenous
There's no evidence he's a Muslim. In fact he deliberately targeted Muslim Turks and Arabs in his shooting.

Just yesterday a bomb went of in Kabul with a Muslim targeting other Muslims... Muslim on Muslim violence makes up the majority of islamic terrorism.

I don't think the target rules out anything, especially as a few greeks and native germans were shot.
(edited 7 years ago)
Again with the whole "I know better than national crime agencies just because what they're saying doesn't suit me" narrative... Don't you see that, with the greatest respect, you sound like a massive conspiracy nutjob?
Reply 12
Original post by Bornblue
The sheer paranoia of far right nutjobs like the op 😂😂😂😢

When you think being perfectly reasonable means you're "far-right", it's time to reasses your position.

Original post by Inexorably
L m a o

You lot just don't let it go do you? You will literally find a way to make so many excuses just to support your own false beliefs.

So you think a police force that covers up mass rape to suit a narrative is not at all worth being skeptical of?
Original post by remiremi

Just yesterday a bomb went of in Kabul with a Muslim targeting other Muslims... Muslim on Muslim violence makes up the majority of islamic terrorism.

I don't think the target rules out anything, especially as a few greeks and native germans were shot.

He deliberately targeted Turks and Arabs because he felt they bullied him in school. "]http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooting-everything-we-know-about-the-shopping-centre-gun/
Nothing to do with Islamic extremism. Don't clutch at straws. And the Greek who got killed was Muslim as well.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by Plagioclase
Again with the whole "I know better than national crime agencies just because what they're saying doesn't suit me" narrative... Don't you see that, with the greatest respect, you sound like a massive conspiracy nutjob?

I suppose I would have sounded like even more of a massive conspiracy nutjob if I'd said that police were covering up mass rapes, before it turned out that they were.

If someone lies to you to suit a narrative, isn't it wise to at least be skeptical of them, especially when they make a claim that sounds a little bit odd, and seems to perfectly fit into the very same narrative they were prepared to lie for before?
Reply 15
Original post by Ravenous
He deliberately targeted Turks and Arabs because he felt they bullied him i school. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/07/23/munich-shooting-everything-we-know-about-the-shopping-centre-gun/]
Nothing to do with Islamic extremism. Don't clutch at straws. And the Greek who got killed was Muslim as well.

Could be Shia on Sunni violence.
Original post by KingBradly
When you think being perfectly reasonable means you're "far-right", it's time to reasses your position.

So you think a police force that covers up mass rape to suit a narrative is not at all worth being skeptical of?

you were desparate for the perpetrator of the attack to be related to Islamic extremism so when it turns out he wasn't, you accuse the police of a cover up to fit your agenda.

Pathetic.*
If the police said he was inspired by IS, you wouldn't doubt them would you? Only mistrust them when it's not going something you want to hear right?
Reply 18
Original post by Bornblue
you were desparate for the perpetrator of the attack to be related to Islamic extremism so when it turns out he wasn't, you accuse the police of a cover up to fit your agenda.

Pathetic.*

You are so desperate for the perpetrator to be far-right that you'll fully believe a police force that only a few months ago tried to keep secret masses of sex assaults in the street. The fact that thousands of women were involved, making it an incredibly difficult thing to keep secret, shows just how far they are prepared to go to try and maintain their narrative. It's however implausible to you that they would twist the truth about something which only they and his family are privy to: his room. You're willing to fully believe them when they say that a Iranian kid named Ali idolizes a white supremicist who would have wanted him and his family killed.

Feeble.
Reply 19
Original post by Lord Samosa
If the police said he was inspired by IS, you wouldn't doubt them would you? Only mistrust them when it's not going something you want to hear right?

Well, I mistrust them when the official stance seems to conveniently fit the narrative they were prepared to keep mass sex assaults secret for, and especially when that official stance is as bizarre as the idea that a non-White kid with a Muslim background idolised a white supremacist who wants all Muslims in Europe to be killed.

Quick Reply

Latest