The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Would these GCSEs get me into LSE for Economics?

I am in Year 11 and have just done by GCSEs. People say that even people with 10/11 A* have been rejected by LSE for Economics. Would these GCSEs be good enough?
A*-Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, History, Physics, Religious Studies.
A-Maths, German, Further Maths, Statistics.

That totals up to 8 A* and 4 A grades.
Are GCSEs part of the entry requirement? If so then check their website. If not then don't worry about them, focus on the rest of your application.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Check the LSE website to see what they require.

Just because someone gets good grades doesn't mean they'll automatically get an offer for a particular course at a particular university. Interviews, personal statement and entrance tests could all be important, plus many courses are oversubscribed so not everyone applying with high grades may get a place.
Reply 3
Original post by dp00
I am in Year 11 and have just done by GCSEs. People say that even people with 10/11 A* have been rejected by LSE for Economics. Would these GCSEs be good enough?
A*-Biology, Chemistry, English Language, English Literature, French, History, Physics, Religious Studies.
A-Maths, German, Further Maths, Statistics.

That totals up to 8 A* and 4 A grades.

I know someone who got a C for a GCSE subject and got an offer and there are people with 10 A*'s who got rejected. AS and A2 results are far more important and the PS. For economics which is ultra competitive AS and A2 course selection is important . Definitely need to select further math if available.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending