The Student Room Group

LNAT Revision Advice

Hello,
I am currently revising for my LNAT exam and was wondering which textbooks would anybody recommend for revision purchases? I have taken a look at several on Amazon, but almost all of them have mixed reviews and may be unrepresentative of the real LNAT exam, particularly when it comes to the difficult of the multi-choice section.
(edited 7 years ago)
I picked up this one https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultimate-LNAT-Guide-Techniques-UniAdmissions/dp/0993231160

Seems decent.

Though isn't it a bit early for LNAT revision?
Original post by Azza.G
Hello,
I am currently revising for my LNAT exam and was wondering which textbooks would anybody recommend for revision purchases? I have taken a look at several on Amazon, but almost all of them have mixed reviews and may be unrepresentative of the real LNAT exam, particularly when it comes to the difficult of the multi-choice section.

Good morning Azza.G,

In terms of books we're going to be a bit biased, so I will refrain from trying to push our wares, so to speak. Thank you, Abstract_Prism for your endorsement! The only thing I will say our LNAT guide offers an indepth look at each section with advice on how to approach the questions.

My advice in terms of practising for the LNAT echoes the suggestion of MaxReid. There are a number of sites, the LNAT site included, that offers past and mock papers to practise with. Sitting these will allow you to work on the techniques required to be successful in Section A (the multiple choice part) of the test because timing is everything.

The only other thing I can add is to make sure that you keep reading: read newspapers, online and in print, and make sure to consider the evidence, how you interpret that evidence and what you deduce about the article itself. The best thing about online newspaper articles is the comments section - this will give you access to the thoughts, interpretations and deductions of a diverse range of people and can often help you think outside of the box.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

UniAdmissions
Reply 3
Original post by UniAdmissions
Good morning Azza.G,

In terms of books we're going to be a bit biased, so I will refrain from trying to push our wares, so to speak. Thank you, Abstract_Prism for your endorsement! The only thing I will say our LNAT guide offers an indepth look at each section with advice on how to approach the questions.

My advice in terms of practising for the LNAT echoes the suggestion of MaxReid. There are a number of sites, the LNAT site included, that offers past and mock papers to practise with. Sitting these will allow you to work on the techniques required to be successful in Section A (the multiple choice part) of the test because timing is everything.

The only other thing I can add is to make sure that you keep reading: read newspapers, online and in print, and make sure to consider the evidence, how you interpret that evidence and what you deduce about the article itself. The best thing about online newspaper articles is the comments section - this will give you access to the thoughts, interpretations and deductions of a diverse range of people and can often help you think outside of the box.

I hope this has been somewhat helpful and if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to get in touch!

UniAdmissions

Hi, I’ve purchased your ULTIMATE LNAT COLLECTION and I’ve been scoring between 27-30 in the mock papers. Are the mocks of a similar difficulty level like that of the actual LNAT test?
Original post by nyx2911
Hi, I’ve purchased your ULTIMATE LNAT COLLECTION and I’ve been scoring between 27-30 in the mock papers. Are the mocks of a similar difficulty level like that of the actual LNAT test?

You should make your own thread, this one is 4 years old

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending