The Student Room Group

I've got 2 STDs and vaginal infections but no improvement after treatment

Hi everyone,

This is absolutely embarrassing to write about this but I feel like some support would be nice. I was having a casual thing with a friend at university since around March and 4 weeks ago I was diagnosed with genital warts. When I went to the GUM clinic they did more tests to say that I tested positive for chlamydia and that I also had Bacterial vaginosis. I have had two cryotherapy sessions when they freeze the warts and in the last 4 weeks the warts have not improved, in fact they are growing bigger and aldara cream isn't working. I was treated with an antibiotic for chlamydia so I'll go back to make sure it's gone but I also got treated for bacterial vaginosis and I am still experiencing loads of thick white discharge and a huge amount of redness and itching.

I am most upset about the warts because they are disgusting looking, I feel so dirty and I feel like I won't be able to get intimate with anyone again because I have so much stuff going on down there and it's hard to deal with.

Somebody please help me out :frown:
You need to talk to your GP first who will decide what to do. No one on here is qualified or knows you well enough to help with this sort of thing.

Quick Reply

Latest