The Student Room Group

Bsc construction management

Hi has anyone done this course, if so how did you find it and what would study materials, lap tops, software, books/literature would be beneficial to me? I'm new to uni life starting full time in September and as I'm currently working full time so I'm trying to get what I need now ready.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Don't worry about study materials. You will get access to it all at uni. A good working laptop is very useful. You don't need something high tech.
Reply 2
Hi thanks for the reply..... Ive bought a MacBook Air.... Special offer etc....

Is there any software I should get?

I've seen Microsoft project? Does the course use this?

Plus is it a good idea to get the Microsoft pack? Word, PowerPoint, excel or can I use the Mac stuff that's come on the MacBook....

I just want to future proof myself, not get used to one thing and then in the course or employment they use something else?

I have an open day in August 20th but I just want to get myself ready as I'm earning good money at the moment, this is going to drop once I start uni massively

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm not sure what microsoft project is and if it's required you most likely will find out soon enough and will probably get a discount if you get it through the uni. The microsoft pack is always a good bet either way.
Your university might supply some software for free. I get Microsoft Office, Mathematica and an anti-virus free of charge. This is something you could ask about at the open day. I certainly wouldn't bother buying any software before you start, as you may just be wasting your money.
Reply 5
Ok cheers for replys - I'll wait til I know more - thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending