The Student Room Group

Quest scholarship - companies

Right I need to pick two companies that i would like an interview with if I am invited to interview for the quest scholarship.
I am trying to research all the companies but with limited success as they don't offer much information that helps me differentiate between them.

www.alfredmcalpineplc.com

www.ardmoregroup.co.uk

www.atkinsglobal.com

www.balfourbeatty.com

www.carillionplc.com

www.costain.com

www.edmund-nuttall.co.uk

www.firstengineering.co.uk

www.gallifordtry.co.uk

www.gifford.uk.com

www.halcrow.com

www.hyderconsulting.com

www.interserveplc.co.uk

www.jacobs.com

www.kbr.com

www.laingorourke.com

www.morganest.com

www.mottmac.com

www.networkrail.co.uk/careers

www.pba.co.uk

www.sir-robert-mcalpine.com

www.sisk.co.uk

www.skanska.co.uk

www.taylorwoodrow.com

www.tgp.co.uk

www.volkerstevin.co.uk

Could you please help me and give me a little snippet of infromation on each, of whatever you know about them.

I am only interested in consultants, so I would be grateful if you could point out which are consultants and contractors.

cheers
james
Meat Loaf Rocks
Right I need to pick two companies that i would like an interview with if I am invited to interview for the quest scholarship.
I am trying to research all the companies but with limited success as they don't offer much information that helps me differentiate between them.

www.alfredmcalpineplc.com

www.ardmoregroup.co.uk

www.atkinsglobal.com

www.balfourbeatty.com

www.carillionplc.com

www.costain.com

www.edmund-nuttall.co.uk

www.firstengineering.co.uk

www.gallifordtry.co.uk

www.gifford.uk.com

www.halcrow.com

www.hyderconsulting.com

www.interserveplc.co.uk

www.jacobs.com

www.kbr.com

www.laingorourke.com

www.morganest.com

www.mottmac.com

www.networkrail.co.uk/careers

www.pba.co.uk

www.sir-robert-mcalpine.com

www.sisk.co.uk

www.skanska.co.uk

www.taylorwoodrow.com

www.tgp.co.uk

www.volkerstevin.co.uk

Could you please help me and give me a little snippet of infromation on each, of whatever you know about them.

I am only interested in consultants, so I would be grateful if you could point out which are consultants and contractors.

cheers
james

Hey!i am in the same position here,u heard anything back from them yet?i have been pressing the REFRESH button of my mail box every minute......i am sooo sad.......:frown: i have not started looking at the companies yet,i should prob make a start............

wb
jessica
Reply 2
How about you guys get the finger out and do some research on the net like everyone else and then come back with a "short" list of the companies you are interested in. Then someone may respond.

Seriously asking ppl to write out who is a contractor/consultant from a list of 20 companies.
you should really research on the companies because its where you would like to work for, so only you have the answer.

to be honest, if you turned up to my interview and you didn't know anything about the companies, I wouldn't give you any job or sponsorship.

One of the people on the QUEST interview panel is going to be a charted civil engineer, so you better know you're stuff!
Reply 4
I spent 2+ year's working in the Rail industry from your list I would assume your looking for construction and/or Rail?

My advice for Rail would be Network Rail no doubt the firm which can offer you the largest range of discipline's.

Latest