The Student Room Group

Is this a hacker?

I use an app to talk to my friend in Asia.
I doubt any of you have heard of it, it's called LINE and is like Whatsapp.

I use the voice call feature to get free calls over wifi, however often even when my and their internet is still showing the wifi symbol to show its working, it will cut off and say:

"Unable to connect call due to network instability."

Is this a hacker then as its not our internets problem?

Posted from TSR Mobile
No, it's likely due to an unstable connection, on either your or their end. Unsuprising considering the distance.
Reply 2
It's probably just the network/and or connection. I doubt this is a hacker to be honest with you!!
Original post by _gcx
No, it's likely due to an unstable connection, on either your or their end. Unsuprising considering the distance.

Ok thanks :smile:.

Does distance create problems with the connection then? I always thought as long as both internet connections are good it doesn't matter whether you are talking to someone on your street or someone on the other side of the world?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by davidguettafan
Ok thanks :smile:.

Does distance create problems with the connection then? I always thought as long as both internet connections are good it doesn't matter whether you are talking to someone on your street or someone on the other side of the world?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I used to talk to my wife for an hour every day when she lived in Africa. And sometimes i could hear other conversations (signals) getting on to our line. It is just one of the things with long distance calls i'm afraid!
Original post by john2054
I used to talk to my wife for an hour every day when she lived in Africa. And sometimes i could hear other conversations (signals) getting on to our line. It is just one of the things with long distance calls i'm afraid!

Wow that must have been expensive unless you called using an app on wifi?

But yeah often I can hear and echo of my voice on the call lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by davidguettafan
Wow that must have been expensive unless you called using an app on wifi?

But yeah often I can hear and echo of my voice on the call lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cost me quite a lot. I started on the main networks (very expensive), then used calling cards (a lot cheaper) then lebara and finally giffgaff, who are dirt cheap for international calls!
Original post by john2054
Cost me quite a lot. I started on the main networks (very expensive), then used calling cards (a lot cheaper) then lebara and finally giffgaff, who are dirt cheap for international calls!

You do realise you can phone for free through most messaging apps.
Reply 8
Original post by Sebastian Bartlett
You do realise you can phone for free through most messaging apps.

Neither of us had a smart phone at the time, we are talking about five/six years ago minimum. I don't think whassap was invented then!

She lives with me now.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending