The Student Room Group

Did Hillary Clinton get a seizure?

I want the medics on TSR to comment on whether they think this is a seizure or not, I think it is. If she has a neurological disorder like this can she be fit to be president?

[video="youtube;Hd4NH9jKNas"]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4NH9jKNas[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hard to tell whether it was a reaction to the journalist(s) question(s), or genuinely a seizure.

My aunt, who's a clinical director of psychiatry, tells me it appears to be a psychosomatic seizure (i.e down to stress/internal conflict), rather than an organic seizure from external factors.

It was a strange head jerk though and it does fit with seizure symptoms.
Reply 2
Looks very weird indeed. You might have expected her reaction afterwards to be less calm, and for her to have dropped the drink in her hand, if it was some sort of seizure, but who knows...

I don't think it discounts her from holding office either. In normal times, simply being Hillary Clinton would do that - alas, in this case, she's the lesser of two evils.
(edited 7 years ago)
From what I have read it was almost certainly involuntary. A Lady Macbeth moment I'm sure.
no.

this body expression is an exaggerated shrug, or exaggerated surprise.

maybe brain freeze from the cold chai ?
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by democracyforum
no.

this body expression is an exaggerated shrug, or exaggerated surprise.

maybe brain freeze from the cold chai ?

Brain freeze wouldn't be setting on with no stimulus :tongue:

I also can't say I've ever seen anybody nearly fall over because they were randomly shrugging or surprised for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Jammy Duel
Brain freeze wouldn't be setting on with no stimulus :tongue:

I also can't say I've ever seen anybody nearly fall over because they were randomly shrugging or surprised for no reason.

Posted from TSR Mobile

try to imagine someone exaggerating being surprised.

I think it fits
Reply 7
Original post by Gnomes&Knights
I want the medics on TSR to comment on whether they think this is a seizure or not, I think it is. If she has a neurological disorder like this can she be fit to be president?

[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd4NH9jKNas[/video]

Just age
try to imagine someone exaggerating being surprised.

I think it fits

Because it's normal for people to spontaneously act surprised looking like they're having a seizure...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Gnomes&Knights

As if I'm going to risk my GMC registration by speculating on the internet about something like this. Please don't tag me ever again.
My assumption was that she either reacted to the coldness of the drink going down, or possibly spilled some of it on herself.
Original post by Jammy Duel
Because it's normal for people to spontaneously act surprised looking like they're having a seizure...

Posted from TSR Mobile

she acts surprised because of the way the reporter behind her shoulder asks the question, in an abrupt way.

also, she has been asked this question about a million times, and she is making the "exhausted" facial impression, but exaggerating it a little
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L i b
Looks very weird indeed. You might have expected her reaction afterwards to be less calm, and for her to have dropped the drink in her hand, if it was some sort of seizure, but who knows...

I don't think it discounts her from holding office either. In normal times, simply being Hillary Clinton would do that - alas, in this case, she's the lesser of two evils.

If it was a seizure, she was probably trying to play it off.

She's also had health issues since 2008. She had a coughing fits whilst standing against Obama, and then has had several this campaign.

During one of the democrat debates, there was an interval, and she missed some of it when it went back live because she was still in the loo.

She's only a year younger than Trump.
Lol what made you think she is having a seizure, seriously?? She was joking around lmao
she acts surprised because of the way the reporter behind her shoulder asks the question, in an abrupt way.

also, she has been asked this question about a million times, and she is making the "exhausted" facial impression, but exaggerating it a little

Because politicians are honest people, right?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
Original post by arcenciel21
Lol what made you think she is having a seizure, seriously?? She was joking around lmao

I've never seen anyone who's not on drugs "joking around" by jerking their head about madly, never mind a supposedly serious political figure.

I'm not saying it's one thing or another, but to say it doesn't look weird is - I think - very peculiar indeed. If someone did that in the pub, I'd probably move away from them pretty quickly.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by L i b
I've never seen anyone who's not on drugs "joking around" by jerking their head about madly, never mind a supposedly serious political figure.

I'm not saying it's one thing or another, but to say it doesn't look weird is - I think - very peculiar indeed. If someone did that in the pub, I'd probably move away from them pretty quickly.

We have seen way stranger things. Take a look at Boris Johnson.

Exactly. It's not even like she did it out of nowhere, her reaction fits the situation.
Honestly if this thread wasn't posted, I wouldn't have thought anything about this video, just her joking around
Original post by arcenciel21
Exactly. It's not even like she did it out of nowhere, her reaction fits the situation.
Honestly if this thread wasn't posted, I wouldn't have thought anything about this video, just her joking around

If intentional it fits NO situation and suggest a mental incapability to be POTUS, as if her other actions and ideas didn't already show that.
Reply 19
Are you people absolutely insane..? She is clearly just joking about. Get a grip.

Quick Reply

Latest