The Student Room Group

I fell in love with a phsycopath, need practical advice

at the beggining of this school year i liked a girl who i eventually realised was a sadistic physcopath with serious mental health issues. Needless to say i have stopped talking to her and look foward to university

Unfortunately(maybe because I study to much lol) , i tend to think alot, i believe i am "Ruminating" over what happened and its quite annoying. Like I get thoughts

"Should I block her or should i just stop talking to her"
"Should I talk to someone about it or should I keep it to myself and

Its quite annoying, because ultimately I just want to move on but these thoughts just never stop. Its like "Over-solving" a problem in your life. #

I just want a practical solution so i can just enjoy my god damn summer !

Scroll to see replies

What lead you to believe she was a sadistic psycopath
Reply 2
Original post by AperfectBalance
What lead you to believe she was a sadistic psycopath

Well when i first spoke to her we had quite a deep conversation. She quite bluntly told me
She "Enjoys the feeling of seducing and using men and emotionally ****ing them up" as well as "Emotionally blackmailing her friends and family to support her" among many other things

Now being the open minded person that I am, I decided to keep her as a friend and offered to help her with some things she was struggiling with . At this point, she really went on a crusade to charm me( i assumed in gratitude) , i actually found it quite cool. I wasnt really happy or have many friends at the time so i became quite attatched to her
Eventually i thought in spite of her issues she seemed like a nice person, so i asked her on a date
She then goes on some hidioous long evil speech about how shes been trying to "**** up" my life by distracting me among other things, and shamelessly continiues to talk to me after this conversation like it was nothing
Now, i was more confused then hurt, but when i realised someone i thought was my friend was trying to some how undermine my life i got quite annoyed

At this point, I could of simply avoided her, but instead, I chose to torment her in my own way, it was actually quite funny and i definitely had the last laugh

I am though, mature enough to realise that this was an extremely toxic and surreal "Friendship" and chose to block her out my life when i was done.
(edited 7 years ago)
How long has it been since you stopped talking to her?
Reply 4
she sounds more narcissistic than psychopathic
Reply 5
Original post by Hamo2509
How long has it been since you stopped talking to her?

I went 3 months without talking to her during the exam period, and talked to her again when it was done just to throw some insults

been 2 months since then
Reply 6
Original post by okey
she sounds more narcissistic than psychopathic

Bit of physcopathy sociopahty narcistsm and machievelinsim in one person, nasty stuff
Reply 7
Be thankful you didn't fall in love with a physcothap, a hypstophac, or a psychoppotomonstrosesquipedaliantidisestablishmentarianism.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mvpmb
I went 3 months without talking to her during the exam period, and talked to her again when it was done just to throw some insults

been 2 months since then

I'd continue not speaking to her then. You'll think of her less and less and eventually forget about her completely.
You can't analyse your actions too much because, at the end of the day, it sounds like she has a lot of issues and the only blame for her behaviour can be her.
Reply 9
Life's too short. Move on and forget her, never speak to her again, and replace her as soon as you can.
Original post by Mvpmb
Well when i first spoke to her we had quite a deep conversation. She quite bluntly told me
She "Enjoys the feeling of seducing and using men and emotionally ****ing them up" as well as "Emotionally blackmailing her friends and family to support her" among many other things

Now being the open minded person that I am, I decided to keep her as a friend and offered to help her with some things she was struggiling with . At this point, she really went on a crusade to charm me( i assumed in gratitude) , i actually found it quite cool. I wasnt really happy or have many friends at the time so i became quite attatched to her
Eventually i thought in spite of her issues she seemed like a nice person, so i asked her on a date
She then goes on some hidioous long evil speech about how shes been trying to "**** up" my life by distracting me among other things, and shamelessly continiues to talk to me after this conversation like it was nothing
Now, i was more confused then hurt, but when i realised someone i thought was my friend was trying to some how undermine my life i got quite annoyed

At this point, I could of simply avoided her, but instead, I chose to torment her in my own way, it was actually quite funny and i definitely had the last laugh

I am though, mature enough to realise that this was an extremely toxic and surreal "Friendship" and chose to block her out my life when i was done.
Well, you don't sound that much different.you said you enjoyed tormenting her. It sounds like you enjoyed it a little too much. If I were you I would RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can away from her and work on your own self growth. She might just be really immature and hopefully she'll grow out of it but you don't need people like that in your life. They will only just drag you down.
Reply 11
Original post by emobambam
Well, you don't sound that much different.you said you enjoyed tormenting her. It sounds like you enjoyed it a little too much. If I were you I would RUN RUN RUN as fast as you can away from her and work on your own self growth. She might just be really immature sheand hopefully she'll grow out of it but you don't need people like that in your life. They will only just drag you down.

I agree, i did enjoy it , she brought out a bad side of me that i didnt know existed and i cant say im comfterble with it.

Blocking her completelty and never talking to her again is the best decision right:? for some reason my brains lost the ability to be decisive, its really annoying
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Mvpmb

This is really similar to a friendship I had with a girl I knew for years. We reconnected and became super close for 6 months before I cut her off and left her life.

She was very charming and it was more of a flirtationship, but then she'd always ruin our conversations by speaking about other guys all the time. Guys she's f*cked/who are into her/who stalk her..like..I don't want to know this, lmao. What am I supposed to reply to that..? She'd do this every day.

She made me feel special all the time by saying things like she was ignoring everyone else and only talking to me, that kind of thing, but I had her all figured out and never could let myself develop feelings or fall for her. She told me absolutely everything and so I knew she'd eventually try to **** me over just like she has done to so many other people, she was toxic and I knew it.

She began to make me very unhappy and I got tired of her s.h.i.t (purposely trying to make me jealous all the time) so I lost interest and stopped bothering with her. Then one day I had enough and that was literally it. I didn't reply after so many other days of cutting the convo short and her putting in all the effort, so then we just stopped speaking to each other without an explanation (in January).

She was my absolute favourite person and I would have talked to her forever if I could but when people purposely try to hurt you, it's about respecting yourself and knowing when to let go.
*psychopath
Original post by Mvpmb
I agree, i did enjoy it , she brought out a bad side of me that i didnt know existed and i cant say im comfterble with it.

Blocking her completelty and never talking to her again is the best decision right:? for some reason my brains lost the ability to be decisive, its really annoying
don't be too hard on yourself because I think every straight guy on here knows how you feels. I have a problem. I kind of really love crazy girls. I've had my fair share over the years. The best decision you can make is to run run run away from her. She's always going to be a negative in your life. You are never going to get to the point you're going to ever trust her. You are always going to doubt her.
Believe it or not, but its sounds familiar. Let go as fast as possible. Cut ALL connections.

It will be the best for you. 100%.

You need to stop thinking about her as soon as possible, and the sooner you cut the connection the faster that will happen.
(edited 7 years ago)
Run away.
Original post by Mvpmb

Now being the open minded person that I am, I decided to keep her as a friend and

And you're retarded
She sounds hot. Is she hot?
Original post by stefano865
*psychopath

*hyacinth

Quick Reply

Latest