The Student Room Group

Postgraduate course

I've just recently graduated from university of east London and I'm thinking of applying for LLM.
Is it to late to apply now ??

I got a low 2.1 degree classification and I'm thinking of applying to City law school, queen Mary and southbank as a backup. I really want to get into city, as their LLM in criminal litigation is really appealing to me as my future career goal is become a criminal solicitor.

After my LLM at city I'm also thinking of applying to LSE, but I know the only realistic prospect I have of getting a place in LSE is if I get a very high distinction in my LLM at city and get great legal experience.

I would really appreciate some advice on whether there is any point on doing a second masters.
(edited 7 years ago)
You would have to contact each Uni to find out if they still have places.

And no, there is absolutely no point in doing 2 LLMs. Suggest you get a relevant job for a year or so, and think about what you really want to do, and why.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by returnmigrant
You would have to contact each Uni to find out if they still have places.

And no, there is absolutely no point in doing 2 LLMs. Suggest you get a relevant job for a year or so, and think about what you really want to do, and why.

Thank You so much for your reply.

And yes practical legal experience is essential! I'm trying to get as much as possible.
And no I wasn't thinking of doing a second LLM at LSE but a MA on conflict studies or African studies or development.

Having Legal experience is very important I know as its the only thing that will distinguish your application to the next candidate but having a great degree from a great institution like LSE will also boast my chances of getting a training contract.
Only if I get in that is.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending