The Student Room Group

Hospital work experience starting tomorrow, any advice?

The title speaks for itself I guess. Tbh I've gone off medicine quite a bit since I applied for this placement and I'm leaning more towards dentistry now but the experience will be useful nonetheless and it'll help me make sure that I definitely don't want to do medicine.
I kind of suck at talking to strangers so I'm terrified...thought posting this might calm me down a bit.

So, any questions I should be asking over the next 5 days? Any useful things I should take with me to the hospital? (The placement is in the cardio department, I'm 16 so I can't watch any operations.)

Thanks! ^-^
Original post by icy_typhoon
The title speaks for itself I guess. Tbh I've gone off medicine quite a bit since I applied for this placement and I'm leaning more towards dentistry now but the experience will be useful nonetheless and it'll help me make sure that I definitely don't want to do medicine.
I kind of suck at talking to strangers so I'm terrified...thought posting this might calm me down a bit.

So, any questions I should be asking over the next 5 days? Any useful things I should take with me to the hospital? (The placement is in the cardio department, I'm 16 so I can't watch any operations.)

Thanks! ^-^

bring a notebook and pen and jot down any cases that you learnt to apply it in your ucas application
Original post by chris2791
bring a notebook and pen and jot down any cases that you learnt to apply it in your ucas application

thanks that's super helpful !!

Quick Reply

Latest