UK, two men jailed for putting bacon on Mosque doorstep

Scroll to see replies

Because punishment is cumulative

Your a **** once you might get a slap on the wrist
Your a **** again you might get another slap
Your a **** again you might get a caution
Your a **** again you might go to court and get a suspended sentence
Your a **** again and you get 9 months

But no stop with the straw-man argument and remember who you are talking to here

It's not about human right it's about not being a ****
Original post by joecphillips
That is incorrect, they are likely to be considered and seen as aggravating factors, if it was how you suggest people could be jailed multiple times because of 1 crime.

yes cumulative nature see my post to red.

But basically this guy is a racist piece of ****

He's not the kind I want fighting the anti-islam fight with me.
Original post by DorianGrayism
So he can keep on racially abusing people and not get sent to jail?

Not every punishment for a criminal offence is jail time.
LoL
Original post by BaconandSauce
yes cumulative nature see my post to red.

But basically this guy is a racist piece of ****

He's not the kind I want fighting the anti-islam fight with me.

There is a difference between past sentences being cumulative and past sentences being aggravating factors, cumulative means that the previous sentence is added on whereas aggravating factors means a harsher sentence.

I don't want him fighting that fight that way but I don't think that jail time is the correct sentence for this.
Not every punishment for a criminal offence is jail time.

Try answering the question.

Only a racist would suggest that a violent criminal should be allowed to continue to shout racist abuse on multiple occasions.
There is a difference between past sentences being cumulative and past sentences being aggravating factors, cumulative means that the previous sentence is added on whereas aggravating factors means a harsher sentence.

I don't want him fighting that fight that way but I don't think that jail time is the correct sentence for this.

he has a history of racist abuse and violence.
He has been to jail multiple times.
He was racially abusive again to a passerby that tried to stop him from putting the bacon on the door handle.
I wonder if muslims would be jailed for putting a Koran on an athiests doorstep.
Try answering the question.

Only a racist would suggest that a violent criminal should be allowed to continue to shout racist abuse on multiple occasions.

Was he violent in this crime? Who was physically hurt?

Who cares if he was violent?

You think that every prisoner is a violent criminal?
Who cares if he was violent?

You think that every prisoner is a violent criminal?

I care in this situation there are better solutions than to jail them for a crime where no one is physically hurt, I know it is easy to think oh someone is bad let's put them in jail but sometimes that isn't the best option.

Ah good, you must be against our religious drug laws, you should come join my little crusade.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4220378
Reply 112
Abuse is abuse (especially doing to on purpose to hurt others) no matter what your background.
I care in this situation there are better solutions than to jail them for a crime where no one is physically hurt, I know it is easy to think oh someone is bad let's put them in jail but sometimes that isn't the best option.

Right, so racists are allowed out of jail and can do what they like.
Right, so racists are allowed out of jail and can do what they like.

Yes they are allowed to be out of jail do you want people jailed for thought crime?

Where did I say I would not punish them for their actions? I clearly stated what I think would of been a better solution.
Yes they are allowed to be out of jail do you want people jailed for thought crime?

Where did I say I would not punish them for their actions? I clearly stated what I think would of been a better solution.

It isn't a thought crime. He spoke.

You don't want to punish him. You don't want to jail him when he has been convicted of the same offence on multiple occasions. He has had plenty of offers of help whilst in jail and hasn't taken them and continues to be racist.

You know drug use is a thought crime.
It isn't a thought crime. He spoke.

You don't want to punish him. You don't want to jail him when he has been convicted of the same offence on multiple occasions. He has had plenty of offers of help whilst in jail and hasn't taken them and continues to be racist.

You didn't ask about this 1 person you were talking about this one person with your question you talked about people who think the wrong thing 'racists'

He's been to prison and it didn't help him let's send him to prison again that will definitely solve the problem.
Original post by dingleberry jam
You know drug use is a thought crime.

Drug use requires an action and I'm not in favour of a ban.
He's been to prison and it didn't help him let's send him to prison again that will definitely solve the problem.

You'd prefer hanging?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending