The Student Room Group

‘Deliberate attack’: Blast injures 12, kills suspected bomber in Germany’s Ansbach

At least 12 people have been injured after an explosion struck a bar in the southern German city of Ansbach, Bavaria. Authorities believe the act was ‘deliberate’ and the perpetrator died in the blast after setting off an improvised device.

The incident took place in the central part of the city, close to an area in which a music festival took place at the weekend, Suddeutsche Zeitung reported. Police have cordoned off the area around the restaurant and are conducting a crime scene investigation.

“The explosion in downtown Ansbach was not a gas explosion, but was caused by an explosive device,” Ansbach Mayor Carda Seidel confirmed. Seidel also said that it should not be ruled out that there could have been several explosions.

Police suspect that the only person killed in the explosion was the attacker himself, local media report. “A man, according to our current knowledge the perpetrator, died,” Ansbach police said in a statement cited by AP.

Read More:
https://www.rt.com/news/353036-germany-restaurant-explosion-killed/

Scroll to see replies

Suicidal bomber and recent arrival from the middle East who happens to be a Muslim, and the forth attack this week in Germany even if we discount the sexual assaults of mainly young girls which see next to no prosecutions or repercussions.

But, as someone will say

We shouldn't jump to conclusions, maybe the media will try to portray this guy as a bullied loner and call him a half German to try and distract from the glaringly obvious pattern we are seeing here and all over Europe, in fact, all over the world. Middle East, Africa, East Asia, America, everywhere Muslims are killing non-believers in this fashion.

Also, he was turned away from his first target, some open air festival, before taking the wine bar as his next choice. 12 injured, 1 dead so far.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3706063/Explosion-reported-near-Nuremberg-Germany-one-killed-newspaper.html
I bet the Germans are glad they let in a million migrants right now. This migrant crisis and the resulting terror attacks will be the death of the EU.
I think they learned from their mistakes, and instead of doing major attacks like on the World Trade Center rarely, now they do lots of little ones that don't provoke quite enough outrage to make governments do anything, but which do keep people living in fear.

That sounds cold, but I'm sure it's calculated this way. People just won't get upset enough over less than 100 deaths at a time.
(edited 7 years ago)
People need to wake up! This video says it all: [video="youtube;rhqneAhyJkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqneAhyJkI[/video]
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by jeremy1988
I think they learned from their mistakes, and instead of doing major attacks like on the World Trade Center rarely, now they do lots of little ones that don't provoke quite enough outrage to make governments do anything, but which do keep people living in fear.

That sounds cold, but I'm sure it's calculated this way. People just won't get upset enough over less than 100 deaths at a time.

I think it's more likely that larger attacks take more planning, resources, personnel etc & that enables the security services to detect, infiltrate & disrupt those plans.

These lone wolf attacks or those carried out by very small cells I'd have thought would be harder - partly due to the number of them (which unfortunately seems to become more and more apparent each week) and partly because there's less of a foot print for the security services to detect until it's too late.

I'm sure that if a cell could carry out a 9/11 style attack they would but I'd like to think airports in the West are now rather hard targets which makes it far more difficult to be successful. Instead they're hitting soft targets as unfortunately the security services can't be everywhere.

I doubt most of these attacks are co-ordinated, I just think that many of these people have had a crap life & have been promised some form of redemption by carrying out these atrocities.
(edited 7 years ago)
You reap what you sow, Germany.
I'm glad that the only person dead is him.
Injured many others though.
Bite the hand that feeds

But the jihadists know what they are doing
It's nice to see all the sympathy pouring out in this thread for Germany lmao.

Some of you guys must be real *******s IRL.
Reply 11
It's so sad seeing these comments against Germany. Yes, they knew it was risky to take in 1 million migrants and they have faced many repercussions in the last week for that decision. I'm not sure they need all of this negativity! Instead of standing alongside our allies your watching them burn and instead decide to criticise. What people live in this world! Smh
Original post by Inexorably

No Germans were killed, thank god, so that's on thing. And I guess we're being desensitised to muslim terror attacks nowadays.

Your faux sympathy does nothing but normalise and accept this as the new normal. It doesnt mean anything, it doesnt change anything. It is just empty platitudes.

Ironically, the people who have been warning about what we now see unfolding have spent the last couple of years being called racist and xenophobe by people like you, the empty platituded virtue signalling refugee welcome fools

Hard to find sympathy when they are knowingly letting this happen. The import of millions of young men from backwards cultures, despite repeated warnings.
Very sad. I hope that the injured people will make a speedy recovery.
Inshallah these poor people will make a quick recovery and we hopefully won't have more of these terrible attacks,
Perhaps lets wait and see before jumping to conclusions?
Whenever there is an attack which has any inclination at all of a link to refugees or Muslims, the nutjobs on this site get an instant hard on.

I've not seen one post showing genuine compassion for the victims of this awful tragedy, just several posts using this event to push their own agenda.
Come on now, there are indiscriminate suicide bombers in all groups in society, this is no excuse for Islamophobia.
Original post by Unown Uzer
People need to wake up! This video says it all: [video="youtube;rhqneAhyJkI"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhqneAhyJkI[/video]

I always find these Jihadis amusing, it's awful of course, but the sheer level of fronting out is so damn pathetic. At the end the little toddler dressed up as Mujahed beheading the teddy is the exact reason the Islam world will never attain any level of serious power compared with Europe, America, China or Israel. Most parents are obsessed with conditioning their kids to be doctors, lawyers, scientists, professional, highly respected people, but here they are conditioning their kid to be a holy warrior, even though the age we live in now makes even large quantitative differences in military strength largely irrelevant compared with qualitative differences.

That black flag and ak47 will do **** all when the reaper drone comes in or the hellfire missiles start raining down. They're the equivalent of ghetto kids who play act at being rappers even though they're fat and live on junk food.

Quick Reply

Latest