The Student Room Group
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London

Goldsmiths accomodation waiting list???

Hi. I'm an international student from the US. I applied to several universities in the UK including goldsmiths. Finding out they had guaranteed accommodation for international students was a major factor in me accepting their offer....unfortunately this turned out to be untrue and now I'm on a "waiting list" and since I'm paying for university with a student loan I do not know when Goldsmiths will give me access to my money, making private accommodations uncertain.

Has anyone had experience on this waiting list? Is it just a nice way of saying "we're not giving you accommodation"? Does anyone know when student loans are actually given to the students?
Reply 1
Original post by corvus_rex
Hi. I'm an international student from the US. I applied to several universities in the UK including goldsmiths. Finding out they had guaranteed accommodation for international students was a major factor in me accepting their offer....unfortunately this turned out to be untrue and now I'm on a "waiting list" and since I'm paying for university with a student loan I do not know when Goldsmiths will give me access to my money, making private accommodations uncertain.

Has anyone had experience on this waiting list? Is it just a nice way of saying "we're not giving you accommodation"? Does anyone know when student loans are actually given to the students?

Goldsmiths does guarantee accommodation for international students who apply by the deadline, which I believe was June 12th. If you applied after that date then they can't guarantee you housing. However international students do get priority so you're probably at the top of the waitlist.
Goldsmiths, University of London
Goldsmiths College, University of London
London
Original post by corvus_rex

Hi corvus_rex,

If you haven't heard any further info related to your accommodation application, I recommend getting in touch with [email protected]. Our Accommodation team will be able to give you an update on how things are proceeding.

All the best,

Shaun

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending