The Student Room Group

Which course should I choose? Russel Group or non Russel Group??

I am (hopefully) going to study Business with Spanish next year at either Heriot Watt or University of Liverpool ... I previously but University of Liverpool as my first choice but now I'm not sure if I should do that ... Can anyone please advise me? On league tables HW has a pretty good reputation especially for business - one said that it was 13th in the UK.. Whereas UofL was more towards the 40s range but it's a Russel Group university so I'm unsure whether I should go to it for the overall reputation - does this look more appealing to employers? For HW 95% of students are employed or in further study 6months after their course .. They also give £1500 to help with living costs in your first year and you pay £27000 for 3 years even when you do 4... Although I don't know if I would pay this anyways as I'm abroad on my 3rd year in a Spanish speaking country! Please help me, idk what to do .. Thanks ... I have already checked and I can change HW to my first choice until 28th of July
Original post by Wheredidshego
I am (hopefully) going to study Business with Spanish next year at either Heriot Watt or University of Liverpool ... I previously but University of Liverpool as my first choice but now I'm not sure if I should do that ... Can anyone please advise me? On league tables HW has a pretty good reputation especially for business - one said that it was 13th in the UK.. Whereas UofL was more towards the 40s range but it's a Russel Group university so I'm unsure whether I should go to it for the overall reputation - does this look more appealing to employers? For HW 95% of students are employed or in further study 6months after their course .. They also give £1500 to help with living costs in your first year and you pay £27000 for 3 years even when you do 4... Although I don't know if I would pay this anyways as I'm abroad on my 3rd year in a Spanish speaking country! Please help me, idk what to do .. Thanks ... I have already checked and I can change HW to my first choice until 28th of July

Definitely HW. There's no point in going to a Russell Group university if it isn't very good for your chosen course!

Quick Reply