The Student Room Group

Didnt get the job ?

I feel a little sad this was my 'dream job' that I worked hard for throughout uni, and college and after all the assessment stages, and the final interview I didnt get the job. Now im working at a call centre its not bad and the experience is good.

But I have to wait for the next recruitment to open, but then i'll have to go through the full process again. Now I want to focus on this police role, however im still working in the call centre, I want to get out of it but there's not many relevant jobs around.

What can I do ?

My interview was with the British Transport Police.
ask for feedback so you can work on becoming a stronger candidate for next year, think outside the box for relevant experience, think of what skills you need and where you learn those skills, volunteer if necessary

and don't beat yourself up, few people get their dream job straight after graduating
Reply 2
Original post by doodle_333
ask for feedback so you can work on becoming a stronger candidate for next year, think outside the box for relevant experience, think of what skills you need and where you learn those skills, volunteer if necessary

and don't beat yourself up, few people get their dream job straight after graduating

True, but what can I do in the time being, this call centre job is getting really boring and there's not much to do outside it. I am the gym now as a hobby. But for jobs with the police or similar there hard to come by.
Reply 3
try retail or something just until you get something with regards to your degree
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
True, but what can I do in the time being, this call centre job is getting really boring and there's not much to do outside it. I am the gym now as a hobby. But for jobs with the police or similar there hard to come by.

Have you considered doing some volunteering? That's always good on a CV. Also do you ask for feedback as to why you didn't get the job?
Reply 5
I feel a little sad this was my 'dream job' that I worked hard for throughout uni, and college and after all the assessment stages, and the final interview I didnt get the job. Now im working at a call centre its not bad and the experience is good.

But I have to wait for the next recruitment to open, but then i'll have to go through the full process again. Now I want to focus on this police role, however im still working in the call centre, I want to get out of it but there's not many relevant jobs around.

What can I do ?

Try to stay positive. My gf had many interviews/assessment days over the course of two years but in the end she got the job she wanted. These things have a way of working out in the end.*
Reply 6

What can I do ?

Hi. Sorry to hear you didn't get the job! There's plenty more opportunities for you to get a job. Definitely look into volunteering, I'm sure there may be several positions within the police that you can volunteer as. It's a brilliant way of getting your foot in the door. If you're unable to do that maybe look into volunteering in youth work? Anything to do with your community will be handy. Also, it's a bit off topic of what you're looking for but can I ask what your job is like in the call centre? I have an interview tomorrow for one and have no experience in a call centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by rhia9
Hi. Sorry to hear you didn't get the job! There's plenty more opportunities for you to get a job. Definitely look into volunteering, I'm sure there may be several positions within the police that you can volunteer as. It's a brilliant way of getting your foot in the door. If you're unable to do that maybe look into volunteering in youth work? Anything to do with your community will be handy. Also, it's a bit off topic of what you're looking for but can I ask what your job is like in the call centre? I have an interview tomorrow for one and have no experience in a call centre.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll PM you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending