The Student Room Group

Can I go to uni through clearing if my Ucas application isn't finished yet?

Just have my personal statement and I have mine from last year.

I got AACD at AS levels, Classics, Phil & Ethics, Geography, Biology. Then got all U's in A2 I tried to kill myself my household is abusive. All that kinda stuff.

Anyway I've been au pairing and was enrolled in a college for 3 months but they didn't have the right courses.

Is there any hope for me? I am clever and do want to go to uni. Can't hack another year living at home, makes my depression even worse. My months living abroad away from abuse have shown me it is my home life that's the issue so I know I could hack it at uni.
Technically you can still apply, your application will go directly into UCAS Clearing. But frankly, your chances of being accepted with 3 Us is not high. What do you want to study at university?
Reply 2
Original post by plumbaby
Just have my personal statement and I have mine from last year.

I got AACD at AS levels, Classics, Phil & Ethics, Geography, Biology. Then got all U's in A2 I tried to kill myself my household is abusive. All that kinda stuff.

Anyway I've been au pairing and was enrolled in a college for 3 months but they didn't have the right courses.

Is there any hope for me? I am clever and do want to go to uni. Can't hack another year living at home, makes my depression even worse. My months living abroad away from abuse have shown me it is my home life that's the issue so I know I could hack it at uni.
One option would be - depending on what course you want to do - to see whether any uni would consider you for a foundation course with only AS levels on entry. You have to apply through UCAS for these and will have to complete the application fully.

Alternatively you could consider studying with the Open University as you don't need formal qualifications to get started there. However, this is quite a 'lonely' route for some people, and it won't get you away from home unless you also have a job (a big ask from what you say about your circumstances).

I'd also suggest that you reflect on what you mean by the college 'didn't have the right courses' - presumably you had looked into what they could offer before you enrolled? Was it that you found the course you'd signed up for less interesting than you expected?

It is important to remember that you don't have to go to uni by the time you are 21. If your home life is difficult you might be better off doing what you can to get a job that will allow you to move away, and come back to the higher education question later.

Quick Reply

Latest