Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free to post

Conditional offer to unconditional before results day

University Navigation

Announcements Posted on
Four hours left to win £100 of Amazon vouchers!! Don't miss out! Take our short survey to enter 24-10-2016

Dmu gave me a conditional offer back in feburary and I just recieved a letter saying dmu have confirmed my place( made my offer unconditional) in the course I want to do. I dont understand how they can do this wayy BEFORE results day, does this mean they know my grades??! I put them as my insurance choice but on the letter they say that I have 14 days to accept the offer or not! Track states that my place has been confirmed if I dont meet the conditions of my firm.

This is so confusing, what shall I do?

edit: I think they may have received my btec which I got a distinction for, but Idk about my other two a levels, on track it states that I have successfully obtained 280 ucas points at least 2 a levels or equivalent- which is just telling me I have met the entry requirements. Also my course is on their clearing list and says those who are going through clearing need to get 200 ucas points! Is the course under subscribed or something

Sometimes Universities are given your grades ages before you are, my offer from Leicester was changed to unconditional about this time last year too; It just means they're willing to accept you - I shouldn't worry about it. SOmetimes its because the course it undersubscribed and sometimes it's because they want you on their course. Make the decision that's right for you (ps, love the onew display picture)
Write a reply…

Submit reply

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: July 25, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

What do you wear to bed?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.