The Student Room Group

Gcse grade and revision help

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ara8311a
Thanks. I'm not affected by the new GCSE grades but I am by the A level changes. :s-smilie:

Oh no, that's a pain in the bum, I didn't know the numbers were for A Levels too, I thought it was just the GCSEs!
Original post by CPS23
Oh no, that's a pain in the bum, I didn't know the numbers were for A Levels too, I thought it was just the GCSEs!

No they aren't! I meant the new A-levels.

If you want to take an AS you take your exams at the end of year 12 as normal.

But if you want to take an A2, at the end of year 13 you have to take the AS exams and A2 exams.
Original post by Ara8311a
No they aren't! I meant the new A-levels.

If you want to take an AS you take your exams at the end of year 12 as normal.

But if you want to take an A2, at the end of year 13 you have to take the AS exams and A2 exams.

Wow, that is just more stress and work in total, that is going to be so much pressure. Kind of glad I'm doing the IB but then they're just as hard!
Original post by CPS23
Wow, that is just more stress and work in total, that is going to be so much pressure. Kind of glad I'm doing the IB but then they're just as hard!

I might be wrong but I'm sure I'll find out more in September. :smile: By the time I get there, I'll be fine... probably... :colondollar:
Reply 24
Can you be predicted a 9???! A grade nine is not going to be a certain mark, it is going to be like the top percent. This means at our school, nobody can be predicted it.
Original post by Tom1699
Can you be predicted a 9???! A grade nine is not going to be a certain mark, it is going to be like the top percent. This means at our school, nobody can be predicted it.

I don't know, as in my exams, I got over 90% in Year 10 mocks, which in the grade boundaries was a 9, so they predicted me a 9.

Quick Reply

Latest