The Student Room Group

Are women using their gender as an excuse to succeed?

By succeeding I am talking about education and employment , and I agree they're women who feel the need to use their gender as an excuse for not achieving

title correction

Are women using their gender as an excuse to not succeed?
(edited 7 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
That may be a byproduct but I think the real problem is that 1st world women don't see how privileged they are and say that it's because of their gender that they are so oppressed.
Reply 2
Some do some don't.
Reply 3
Original post by Blue_Mason
By succeeding I am talking about education and employment , and I agree they're women who feel the need to use their gender as an excuse for not achieving

Are you George Osborne?
Reply 4
Original post by IYGB
Are you George Osborne?

No, but he is one of my most favorite politicians, and i doubt he has the time to post on any internet forum.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 5

what on earth does 'an excuse to succeed' mean?
Reply 6
No, but he is one of my most favorite politicians

Not one of my least favourites.
His face attracts my fist like a magnet.
:biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by abc:)
what on earth does 'an excuse to succeed' mean?

Fixed 'an excuse to not succeed'

Original post by IYGB
Not one of my least favourites.
His face attracts my fist like a magnet.
:biggrin:

Sure his political career did not end as well, but he was a great conservative politician
Reply 8

Sure his political career did not end as well, but he was a great conservative politician

which we never going to hear again:tongue:
Reply 9
Fixed 'an excuse to not succeed'

Most people want to succeed. Why would you make up an excuse not to? Surely if you didn't want to, it would be quite easy.
I doubt it very much, I don't think I've ever heard a woman use this excuse.
Most people want to succeed. Why would you make up an excuse not to? Surely if you didn't want to, it would be quite easy.

Correct, they do, but success requires a real amount of hard work, determination and sacrifices.
And thus if you lack the mindset you cannot achieve the level of success, and thus people will come up with an excuse.
Reply 12
Correct, they do, but success requires a real amount of hard work, determination and sacrifices.
And thus if you lack the mindset you cannot achieve the level of success, and thus people will come up with an excuse.

So really, the thread should be called 'Are women using their gender as an excuse for failing'
So really, the thread should be called 'Are women using their gender as an excuse for failing'

correct
....never heard of this before
Reply 15
This is such a nonsense thread.*
Reply 16
correct

I'm glad I could help you clarify what you mean! Are you able to change the thread title? No matter if not. A lot of people get confused with 'an excuse to' and they aren't sure whether to put the positive or the negative things after it, nor whether to say 'an excuse to' or 'an excuse not to'.

PS Shawman seems to think this is a nonsense thread but don't worry it is getting there!
(edited 7 years ago)
No, but he is one of my most favorite politicians, and i doubt he has the time to post on any internet forum.

I think he has all the time in the world at the minute, although I agree with your general sentiment.
I'm glad I could help you clarify what you mean! Are you able to change the thread title? No matter if not. A lot of people get confused with 'an excuse to' and they aren't sure whether to put the positive or the negative things after it, nor whether to say 'an excuse to' or 'an excuse not to'.

PS Shawman seems to think this is a nonsense thread but don't worry it is getting there!

I tried but I am not an expert when it comes to using forums
People do this? :confused: I personally have never heard of any females using that as an excuse
(edited 7 years ago)

Quick Reply