The Student Room Group

I sent the student finance company the wrong D.O.B twice!?

I know this sounds strange but I sent off my application for student finance. They then sent me a letter saying my birthday did not match up to my national insurance number. I was like what bc I thought the birthdate I sent (31/08/98) was correct. I asked my mum and she said that it says the 28 th of August on my birth certificate. So I filled in the form with the correct birthdate. I got another letter today swing that it was wrong! I asked my mum for my birthcertificate so I could check and it said the 30th of August not the 31st not the 28th!!! This letter asks for a photocopy of my birthcertificate and documentary evidence of my national insurance number. I can provide the birthcertificate but I don't have any documentary evidence of my national insurance number (I do know the number I just don't have the letter). What should I do???
Reply 1
Lost National Insurance Number
https://www.gov.uk/lost-national-insurance-number

Follow the guide and get a new letter (I believe)!

It depends on when you need to send this information. You may have documents at home (for taxes) that display your National Insurance Number although I'm unsure whether you can use that as document evidence.
Reply 2
why did you ran off on the plug twice ?
Original post by k man
why did you ran off on the plug twice ?

What?
Reply 4
You don't know when your birthday is? How did that happen?
So all this time you haven't known your correct birth date? Wtf?
Reply 6
I'm imagining their family celebrating her birthday on the wrong day for the past 18 years.
Original post by Anonymous
So all this time you haven't known your correct birth date? Wtf?

Original post by Fred5134
I'm imagining their family celebrating her birthday on the wrong day for the past 18 years.

Ikr my mum is so lost she told me that my birthday was the on the 31st my whole life:confused:. Then out of nowhere she says it might actually be on the 28th but it's actually on the 30th! Lol idek.
Reply 8
You don't need the letter specifically, you can use something like a payslip as long as it has your name and NI no. on it. If you don't have anything then just use the link left in the other comments.

But really, how the hell do you not know your date of birth? Especially considering you thought it was 31st and your mum thought it was 28th? How does that even work? Did your mum congratulate you on 28th and you thought she was just early or something?
Original post by Devify
You don't need the letter specifically, you can use something like a payslip as long as it has your name and NI no. on it. If you don't have anything then just use the link left in the other comments.

But really, how the hell do you not know your date of birth? Especially considering you thought it was 31st and your mum thought it was 28th? How does that even work? Did your mum congratulate you on 28th and you thought she was just early or something?

Nooo my mum thought it was on the 31st then when I asked her about it (bc I got a letter from sf) she was like oh wait I think it says the 28th on your birthcertificate :s-smilie:. I don't have anything else to confirm the number. I used the link and tried to apply for them to send me a new letter but it keeps saying they are unable to confirm my identity. Ngl I feel like Taylor laugher rn in abduction.
Lol panic over, my dad found the letter with my national insurance number on it :smile:
Reply 11
Original post by Tsrsarahhhh
Lol panic over, my dad found the letter with my national insurance number on it :smile:

Well thank God for that :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending